Thursday, October 8, 2020

Happy H-owl-oween! - Rubbernecker Stamps


Hello all!  I am excited to be sharing a Halloween card today using a bunch of die cuts from the Rubbernecker shop including the new Build An Owl and Owl Halloween Add-On Die Sets (Along with a few other things)!


These die sets are each a one piece die so you cut all of the pieces at once. Easy peasy! 

  • I started by cutting each set multiple times from various colors of card stock.
  • I dumped them into two piles onto a sheet of white scrap paper... one with the owl parts and one with the Halloween parts.
  • I knew I wanted three owls for this card, so I started picking out the colors and pieces I wanted to use.  And as I did that, I started adding the like pieces to separate piles.  All circles in one, all belly pieces in another, etc.

  • Once I had all of the pieces I wanted, I continued to separate the other pieces that were left for easy use.
  • Trees were cut from black cardstock from both the Spooky Tree Die and the new Owl and Halloween Tree Die.

  • Once all of my pieces were cut and sorted, I began assembling my critters using liquid glue and some thin foam tape.
  • I ended up with a lot of eye pieces in various colors that I would normally want to be black.  I simply colored those with a black Copic marker and also did the same with any extra white pieces I was looking for that I wanted to be a different color.

  • With all of my critters completed, I cut a white base using the Slimline Solid Deckle Die.
  • I saved cloud templates I had cut previously and used them to ink blend clouds onto the background using purple, green and orange.
  • I layered that onto an 8 1/8" x 3 1/8" piece of white cardstock.
  • That was layered onto a purple 8 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of purple cardstock.
  • And all were layered onto a 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of black cardstock.

  • The trees were then added over the clouds.  I added three Owl and Halloween Trees first.  Very thin foam tape was added to the back and they were spaced evenly onto the cloud panel.
  • Next two Spooky Trees were added in between those trees with a foam tape that was just a bit thicker.

  • Next the owls were popped up onto the tree background.


  • Spacing them evenly apart and using foam tape (the most used item in my craft room.


  • I stamped the Happy Halloween onto some purple cardstock with Versamark Ink after wiping antistatic powder over it.
  • Then some white embossing powder was sprinkled over and the excess tapped off.
  • I heated it up and then let it cool.
  • I centered it in the middle of the banner die and taped that in place using washi tape and then ran it through my die cutting machine.
  • I popped it up onto the card.
  • Finally, I added a few sequins.

And that's me for today!

Thank you so much for coming and I hope you enjoyed your visit!  Come again soon for more Rubbernecker inspiration.
 

Below are links to all of the Rubbernecker products I've used today!  Should you decide to purchase using these links, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

1 comment:

María said...

These owls are super cute, fantastic card. María, xx