Monday, August 28, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #227


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  This week I have a couple things for you!  My projects have been so simple lately because they have all been little pocket pages in my scrapbook and all in the same theme/colors so I felt like making a second project using the sketch this week:


My friend Jean created this Swish the Angelfish image to be used over at The Outlawz Progressive Challenge and of course I'm playing along!  She actually created two different images and I wasn't sure which one I'd use, but then I had this idea...and I wanted to use that pretty shaving cream background I created this weekend so I did!

So the basic part of the sketch is at the top!  I added a little scene to the bottom of my design (big surprise?)..lol!   I very rarely stick to the script... I like to think I'm the Robin Williams of the card world.


I pulled this fish image into Word and then copied and resized a few and flipped one.. just one... and really this is a great tribute to Jean because she always goes her own way!  When she's creating she likes to ask "What If"... so many "rules" are not only broken but just smashed to pieces... so yeah.. we're alike... but I'm learning to let go of the accountant side of my brain a bit with her help.  And she's a rainbow Angelfish in a sea of goldfish... no kidding!

I'm also playing along with the Createful Hearts Digis & Design Challenges very first challenge!  This one runs until the 15th of September so plenty of time to play along!


Isn't this new Ribbon Border die from Close to My Heart just the cutest??  And although the bow isn't in the center, I just had to use it for this card.. and it was perfect.  And that sentiment... I love the Keep It Sassy stamp set from L'il Inker Designs!!


Love those clear droplets I got at Pretty Pink Posh... they are perfect for fish bubbles...


And these awesome Ocean Scene Dies from Paper Smooches... LOVE!  Perfect on this one cut from green vellum!

Update:  This one was a winner over at Createful Hearts!



And to not disappoint... here is my little pocket page for my mini album using the sketch:

 

I'm using old retired papers from Close to My Heart and some dies from Peachy Cheap for the flowers through-out the book.  That pretty bow die is from Pretty Pink Posh (borrowed this one from my mom), but since I created this page, CTMH now has the bow die mentioned above and I love it!  Although I might need to own this one too...

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll play long!



11 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE the colorful fish! So PRETTY and what a cool background! I've seen videos on how to do that technique... I just haven't tried it yet! :) I also love the mini album page... lookin' good so far!! Can't wait til you get it all complete to give it to your SIL... :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love these!!!!!! LOVING those fish and that SENTIMENT!!!! And loving your page!! Great colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

PS ... I am THINKING *Lisa Made Me Buy It* is coming soon for that sentiment stamp!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

Love the fish, pretty and colorful!

Judy Markowitz said...

Super cute card. The fish are so bright and cheery! Thanks so much for being a part of our very first blog challenge at Createful Heart Digis and Design! Judy Markowitz-DT

Gail Hutchinson said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa, you have made such a colourful job of the Outlawz Freebie this month and thank you for entering it in our first blog challenge over at Createful Hearts Digis and Design. See you again soon back here and good luck this month. xx

Mary said...

Wonderful and delightful card, love the colors you have chosen, just so pretty! Thank you for joining our first blog challenge, hope to see you join in again with us! Mary Smith - Owner/Artist at Createful Heart Digis & Design

Neva said...

I love the 3D look as well as the pleasing colors you have chosen for this digital! Please join us again with another blog challenge at Createful Heart Digis & Design. Neva-Createful DT

Melissa Czapor said...

Beautiful card!! The background is gorgeous and the fish just jump off the page!! We are so glad you joined us at Createful Heart Digis and Design's challenge blog!!
Melissa Czapor DT

Dena J said...

Love your background and the fabulous fish! So colorful. I am inspired now to use some of my shaving cream panels for underwater scenes! Perfect fun.

Melanie R said...

Wow! I love this card! And such a great tribute to Jean.