Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Three Amigos Jack Inspiration for a Tuesday!


So happy you stopped by today!  I can't seem to get enough of these Jack papers and wanted to play along with a couple challenges as well, so I made a quick card this morning..

Don't you just love that second layer from the bottom??  I cut that with a die from Reverse Confetti!  The set comes with three different sized dies all like this one and the largest (shown here) is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 so you could use it as your whole bottom layer.  I wanted a white border so (sorry Mom) I made my card 1/4" bigger than usual.  (You see... she often puts my card fronts on bases for me and she gets quite aggravated when I go rogue and use a non-traditional size...lol!)  She may just give notice soon...


I so love the Inspire sentiment stamp set from CTMH... it's got four beautiful sentiments on it and decided the sentiment would be front and center for this one.. I am normally a rule follower in life.. I don't like to make waves.. but to be honest.. when it comes to the crafty world, I don't even know what the rules are... people try to tell me sometimes, but I just start to hear music in my head... sorry not sorry!


I knew I wanted to use some pretty white lace with this Buffalo Plaid paper... I love the contrast of the kind of manly print and the airy lace.  That heart is from Fun Stampers Journey and those pretty little pearly "flowers" were sent to me by a friend.  They were actually in a string but I found I could cut them apart with no problem and they were a perfect replacement for sequins on this one.  The chipboard arrows are from the Jack Complements. 


And I love to keep some premade paper flowers on hand for when I don't have the time to create my own.. these are my two favorites and I got them at Hobby Lobby... I stock up when they're on sale.


Hope you like it!  There are still a few days left to play along with us at Three Amigos!  We do send out a small gift to the randomly drawn winner so even  more fun!  We hope you'll play along!

Today I'm also playing along with the Heart2Heart Anything Goes CTMH Style challenge!  You should check it out... you have to use at least one CTMH product...  and speaking of rule breaking... Color My Heart Color Dare is also playing with the Jack paper pack this time around and I intended on joining that one, but I made a mistake and didn't realize you had to use ALL the colors in the paper pack this time around so I'm not linking up, but you can!  So check them out too... that one goes 'til Thursday.

11 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I never thought you could get gorgeous out of "Jack", but you can and did. Stunning and such rich reds with all the embellishments and using the vellum for your sentiment, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with H2H.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! Simply Beautiful! I LOVE the colors, splatters, embellishments & design! Fantastic card! :)

Theresa

Crafting with Darcy said...

Beautiful! Great embellishments and all those layers are fantastic! Love this!
Hugs!
Darcy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING those colors, the heart, the flowers and that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie R said...

Great card, Lisa! Red & black Buffalo plaid is one of my favorites for masculine cards but I love the way you used it here.

Becca-expressions said...

Jack gone girly!! Love. Every. Single. Thing. Thanks for inspiring us with your creativity over at Heart2Heart.

Sheila Bennett said...

Great choice of colors, layers, and details. Thanks for taking the H2H Challenge.

Alyson Mayo said...

I love this feminine side of Jack - never thought it could be done! I just might have to pull out the rest of my paper pack that's left and see what's I can create now that you have given me some new ideas! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart. This is gorgeous 😊

Scrapperchic said...

great way to doll up Jack, gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at H2H

Laurie Levorson said...

Way to make this masculine paper really feminine! I always love all your layers and clusters and details. Thanks for sharing your considerable talent with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Brandi said...

Goregous as always Lisa! I love everything about it. Your work always inspires me. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca