Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Crafty Elves' Countdown to the Holidays - March 2020 Edition!


Welcome to the March edition of Crafty Elves!  We are in Month three of this years' monthly Christmas card makes and this month was an especially hard one for everyone and for some more than others.  I hope you are all safe and healthy out there and taking care of yourselves!  I've been working from home for a couple weeks now and even though at minimum I'm saving a couple hours of driving every day somehow I don't have any additional time!  But my mind is scattered and I'm not as focused as usual so I guess it makes sense.  Anywho!  I decided this was the perfect month to make some quick and easy cards.  I used a couple really cool dies from Rubbernecker Stamps and a few different design papers and I'm quite happy with how they turned out:


I started with some really bright and cute papers from Sunny Studio!  That Christmas Tree Cutaway Die is SO cool!  It's fun to use for a shaker or not!


Of course I bought the die because my first thought was shaker cards!!  I taped the Scalloped Rectangle die and Cutaway Tree together onto a piece of white cardstock and cut them both at the same time to avoid running the paper through the Gemini twice.  I saved the star and then placed a piece of acetate behind the window the tree left, added foam tape and sequins... easy peasy!  And I colored the star with my Gold Copic marker and then added some Gold Wink of Stella to it.


While I was putting my shaker together decided I'd also like to use it like this!  I cut it twice.. .once from white cardstock and once from the green dotted design paper.  When you do this you need to be sure to save those little tiny pieces!  I just placed all of my pieces in a small dish 'til I was ready to put them together.  I find the easiest way to paper piece diecuts like this is to flip it upside down and add the foam tape over the entire opening.  Then flip it back over and attach all of the pieces to the adhesive!  You could also use flat tape too, but I have quite the habit of using foam tape...lol!

Then I decided I'd make a couple using more vintage colors of Christmas papers:


Of course I used lots of plaid... because why wouldn't I?


I intended to make four completely different cards this month and I kind of did!


I used two plaids on this one!...lol!  'cause why not?  I stamped the sentiment and cut out the Merry & Bright part and popped it up on all of these.

Now!  We have a winner of some Happy Mail from last month's post:


Sandi!  Message me your snail mail info so I can send you some mail!

And we're doing it again this month!  Leave me some love and I'll announce the winner in next month's post!

So that's me for today!  Now be sure to hop on over to my cohorts' blogs and see what they have for you today!  Jessica is taking a break this month...  but she'll be back in April!  Be sure to visit Michael and Debra and leave them some love!


I have links below to the Rubbernecker products I used in this month's cards.  Should you choose to buy using these links, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING those trees!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Congrats Sandi! And I LOVE these tree cards! Especially the shaker! Can we just skip this COVID 19 stuff and go right to Christmas?!?

Lori said...

Beautiful cards!

Amanda Wilcox said...

Fabulous cards !!! Congrats Sandi!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Awesome shaker card! I did something similar last Christmas with a different tree die! So fun and so many possible color combinations! Thanks for sharing!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards with these pretty trees! That's a great die! I have one that's similar, so I appreciate the ideas! Love the layering and papers!

Gail said...

Lovely work on the cards and I too like the shaker - happy dance to the winner-- wishing you a safe week!

Lagene said...

Congrats Sandi. Awesome Christmas cards, I especially love the shaker, this is a great tree die!

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how Pretty! I'm loving that tree die! I also may CAS(E) this design if you don't mind! :)
Wonderful Holiday cards!

Theresa

Sue D said...

Love this tree die and the papers you used. Stay safe and healthy and congrats to Sandi.

Becca Yahrling said...

I love all the backgrounds you used and how the last two are perfect for the men in our life. Plus, the shakers! Yay - my favorite.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Gorgeous cards!! I’m so glad you guys are still sharing this month... it definitely brightens these gloomy days. I need that beautiful tree die... I love the different ways you used it! Thank you for sharing!