Friday, March 6, 2020

Oh Crop! - Miss Ink Stamps


Welcome back!  If you had asked me a few days ago what this card was going to look like I'd have shrugged and said... idk...lol!  But when I decided to play again with the idea of a spotlighted framed scene and a black and white background scene I knew what I was going to do!  I wasn't quite ready to be done with the Keeping It Rural, down on the farm theme so I had stamped, cut and colored the images, not really knowing what my layout would end up looking like!


When assembling my card, I cut the white base 5x5 and stamped the Hay There background stamp off the edge ... I had played a little with the frame I found in my extras pile and knew I wanted the barn to show in the background so rather than stamping across the whoe card I stamped off of the right edge and planned on filling in with some corn on the left to fill in that space.


You've been seeing these images a bit on Instagram over the last few days possibly... I'm playing along with the 30 Day Color Challenge that's going on... we're on Day 6 and this will be my share for today.  I had colored up the images with my Copics and today I finished up adding some additional shading and detail using my Prismacolor Pencils... I also needed a couple extra images so colored those for today as well!

I also decided that this time my black and white background would have a little dimension, so outside of the frame, I added a few black and white cornstalks and popped them up.  You may know that my most used supply aside from my Copics, Misti and Memento Ink is foam tape.  I buy it in all thicknesses and widths (yeah... those are two different things...lol!)  I LOVE being able to play with dimension and the foam tape helps SO much with that.


Probably the hardest thing about putting this card together was being brave enough to cut part of my shack off when I decided part of it would be outside of the frame...lol!  I had already taken great care in coloring up the little porch and I hesitated before slicing it off and then slicing off the porch of an uncolored one!  I may have whimpered a bit as I did it... but I am SO glad I did!  I stamped a cornstalk directly onto the background... popped another black and white cut out one up and added the porch over that.


And finally, this sentiment!  It's in the Hay There set and I just adore the cute punny sentiments in all of the sets I used today!


I just finished it off with a mix of sequins and I was done... this one makes me happy!

So thanks so much for stopping by!  If you've thought about joining the Color Challenge, you can hop in at any time and you can find all of the details here!  Bunches of ways to participate and share... you don't have to have a blog!

AND did you know March is Miss Ink's birthday!  We're going to be having some fun this month so stay tuned!


No comments: