Thursday, March 15, 2018

Paper Sweeties March 2018 Blast From The Past-Day 2


Welcome to Day 2 of Paper Sweeties March 2018 Blast From The Past!  We're sharing projects made with previously released Paper Sweeties goodness!  Today I decided to use my favorite cup to color some Easter eggs!

I started with a Scallop Circle frame cut from vellum so as not to cover up my background paper, but still bring my images all together.


I diecut the cup using the Keep Calm and Drink Coffee Sweet Cuts!  Then I stamped the drippy paint on using an image from the You Add Color To My Life stamp set.  Then I used the stamped image to apply some Nuvo Drops to the cup to look like drippy paint.  Mine is a little bumpy and I kept trying to smooth it by adding more drops, but this is what I got.  Not quite my vision, but I suppose messy paint is messy paint.  The paint brush is also from the same set and those pretty polka dot eggs are from the Hippity Hoppity Easter set.  I enhanced the dots also with some Nuvo drops.


The sweet sentiment is also from Hippity Hoppity Easter and I cut a banner using the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts and heat embossed it on to add another shot of that bright green I used on the green egg.



I'm playing along the bottom row here with Flowers, Any Shade of Pink, and Polka Dots!  You should check it out and play along!

Now, check out what everyone has created for you today!





4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING! LOVING that paint texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cool. Love the way your scene depicts dyeing the eggs for Easter.

scrappin' GA peach said...

So beautiful!! Love the drips/drops!! Those tiny flowers are cuuute!!

Mitralee said...

Super cool! Makes me want to start messing around with Easter stuff! ROCK STAR! HUGS!