Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #316: Stenciled Edges


Back with some more Papertrey Ink from my new haul!  When I went to see who the random winners were for the Monthly Challenge (not me-frowny face...lol) I saw that there is a challenge each Monday and I had some time and some leftover cuts that weren't used on my last project so thought I'd see if I could put a quick one together for the Make It Monday #316 Stenciled Edges challenge.  To be honest, I only used one of the leftover items...lol!  I remembered I had also gotten this cool Edgers #2 die set (that pretty pink vellum piece was cut using the smaller of the two that are included in this set) and wanted to use it.


The challenge for this Monday was to use stenciling on the edges of your piece.  I used a Tim Holtz Lace stencil and inked it with some Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I wanted it to be a bit brighter and thought I'd try sprinkling a little Colorburst over it and then spray a little bit of water.  Some of the edges ran together a bit, but I don't mind... I love the deeper color it gave and the variation.

So the white inside stitched piece was my leftover and I cut a new large outside frame using the Fun Frames dies. so now I have some more leftover pieces to use...lol!!  Always happens!


I mirrored the stenciling on the base paper layer as well and did originally try some colorbursts on that one, but the color ran too much and it ended up looking like a blob, so I decided to cover that part up with some pretty flowers and that ribbon that had fallen off of something I had gotten long ago and since it was something that would be used up I didn't put it back on that item, but saved it to use in the future and it was perfect for this.  I love the lighter stenciling that still shows on the background piece.

I added a splattering of tiny Nuvo drops in white, pink and dark pink along with a few glitter drops and some sequins to finish it off.

That's it for me today!  Hope you enjoyed it and if you want to play along with this one you have about 5 days left from today!  You have to use one Papertrey Ink product and you must have stenciled edges on your piece.  Thanks for stopping!  Come back soon!

10 comments:

Sandy S. said...

LOL....loved your card...and the narration! How real it is!

Nancy Penir said...

Your stenciling in pink is just perfect on this feminine card. Love the compliment of gathered blooms on the corner of the die, and the sweet pink vellum. Beautiful!

Sharyn Polesel said...

So much to look at on this card and it's all beautiful! Love the subtle pink stenciling, all of the layers and those pretty blooms.

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh wow!! Love this card Lisa!! So pretty and danity. The colors are beautiful and I love the nuvo drops and the flower. Simply beautiful my friend!!

Theresa

Judith Ann Novak said...

Pretty pretty card, Lisa! Love the way you've combined all the elements to give such depth. Very creative!

Lori said...

So so pretty, I love the flower!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the flower and the twine!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this gorgeous birthday card. It is so well designed and feminine looking.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty, Lisa! You have such a way of combining your die-cuts and they always look beautiful! The stencilling is gorgeous - I have been neglecting my stencils so thanks for reminding me about them!

Mitralee said...

Yummy!!!!!