Thursday, April 23, 2020

Beauty In The World - Rubbernecker Stamps


Hello there!  Lisa here and today I'm sharing this one using another one of the beautiful and uplifting sentiments from the shop!  And couldn't help but add the sweet Poppy Bouquet floral.


I knew I wanted to use this vintage rose design paper for this one and I loved the way the single roses in it were colored with dramatic shadows... so rather than carefully blending the petals, I tried to color them the same as the ones in the paper. 


I love the look I ended up with!  

And because I laid that beautiful sentiment over the floral, some of what I so carefully colored was covered up, so I snipped off portions that were hidden and stuck them underneath the main floral image.


I love the heritage look of this one!

Here's how I made it:

  1. I cut a base from white card stock, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4".
  2. I cut a piece of the wood grain Design Paper using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch Dies.
  3. Next the floral design paper was cut using the largest of the Nested Scallop With Holes.
  4. I used the middle sized Nested Scallop With Holes to cut a piece of white cardstock.
  5. The sentiment was stamped onto the white die cut with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink using my Misti.
  6. I stamped the Poppy Bouquet using the same Memento Ink onto some Copic friendly paper and colored the image with Copic Markers R81, R83, R85, and R89 for the flowers and YG61, YG63 and YG67 for the foliage.
  7. The image was cut using the Scan N Cut first, and then I trimmed it down further using scissors because I wanted to get into the nooks and crannies.
  8. Finally I assembled all of my pieces using foam tape under the two scalloped layers, inserting the flowers between the two and strategically placing foam tape under the flowers in a few spots where they hang over those layers.
  9. Lastly I added some sequins and was happy to find the gray pearls because of the vintage feel.
That's me for today!  Thanks so much for stopping today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit!  Be sure to come again soon for more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration!




Here are links to all of the Rubbernecker Stamps products I've used today.  If you choose to shop using these links, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

4 comments:

Lagene said...

Beautiful! I love how the background paper co-ordinates with your flowers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So elegant with the rich colors. I love it. Beautiful sentiment too.

Scrapper69 said...

Beautiful sentiment and elegant card! LOVE IT!

Theresa

Lori said...

This is a beautiful card!