Saturday, November 28, 2015

Shaker Love!

 
So, yeah... I've been making a few shaker cards lately... but I did just go crazy buying sequins at Paper Sweeties and Pretty Pink Posh.... so... I have to use them!!  Paper Sweeties has some limited edition snowflake sequins that are oh so pretty... 
 
Here I used that piece I cut out of my embossed background before I used it yesterday.  I stamped my cute little penguins from CTMH's Season's Greetings stamp set (as well as the sentiment), colored with the Shin Han markers and a little bit of Wink of Stella and cut them out.  The pink paper is old Fundamentals.  The frame was cut from glitter paper in design space.  I placed a rectangle on the screen.. made it the size I wanted... duplicated it, sized it a bit smaller (left the frame wide enough to fit some pop up tape).  I placed the rectangles one on top of another, selected both of them and chose to Align and Center.  Then while both were still selected, I Attached them so they would cut at the same time.  I still have the inside piece of glitter paper to use on another card... perhaps a shaker... perhaps this weekend :).  If I was really thinking ahead I could have placed a third rectangle on top and made a second frame for later use... Note to Self.


 
From an angle you can see the penguins a little more clearly... the caveat to the shaker is they are hard to photograph.. but oh so cool and pretty to look at and play with.  Oh... another tip I learned long ago from my crafty friend Melanie who you can find here, I always adhere a few sequins towards the top of my shaker base so even when it's just standing still they appear to be floating... (and... I usually adhere a few outside the box... cause the almighty sequin just can't be contained!)
 
Thanks for stopping by again!  Don't forget to come back Monday!

5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Lisa, your sequins shaker cards are GORGEOUS! Love the penguins.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is adorable! Love the penguins and the shaker! I think it's time I made another shaker - they are so fun!

Tracey said...

Such a super sweet card........really pretty. Your shaker cards are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I've never made a shaker card but this penguin card inspires me. I also love how you have shown that a Christmas card doesn't have to be the traditional colours of red, white and green. Ps. I love penguins!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much! I love in traditional colors on cards! So happy you stopped by!