Monday, November 30, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #136

 
Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #136!   So here is another card using heat and dry embossing together.  I used a White Pearl embossing powder on this one and some of it did get on the raised parts too, but I don't mind... I like the way it looks.  A little hard to capture it in the picture, but is just created a nice soft shimmer on it.  I opted for my ribbon and bow as my vertical elements here instead of the strips... I tried some strips of glitter paper, but it just wasn't working so I decided to go with the ribbon instead.  Is it cheating?  I don't think so, but I'm pretty liberal with my sketch interpretations...lol!


The cute little cup images are from a Poppy Stamps set that you'll see much more of in a couple weeks during the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog hop... I got the reverse image by stamping the cup on an acrylic block and transferring the image onto the paper... colored, placed a gold embossed snowflake on them, cut them out, popped them up and of course... liquid glassed them...  The sentiment is from the Close to My Heart set, Holly Jolly Christmas.  Sequins and beads are from Paper Sweeties (see the snowflakes and the gold) and Pretty Pink Posh (clear sequins and beads).  Also used the combo of plain white seam binding ribbon and the netted ribbon from Funkie Junkie. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop on over to Atlantic Hearts and play along this week!
 
 


2 comments:

Mitralee said...

totally dig this! Love shakers! I just today was working on something similar today! And your dream catcher below is rock star! Just followed you by email so I get your stuff in my inbox...

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute shaker -- love the tiny cups too!