Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas Ornaments with Reindeer Bells and Twinkle

 
Been busy today getting these ornaments out of my head.  I was in Hobby Lobby while I was on vacation and bought a package of cute little "photo" craft ornaments that I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with and last night it struck me... they would be perfect for shaker ornaments!
 
 
So the frame already had a kind of well in it that was just deep enough for the shaker, but I decided to add a little bit more depth and put some foam tape under the glitter/acrylic square I made using the acrylic piece that came with the ornament as a photo cover and some glitter paper.  On this one I covered the frame with paper using modge podge and then painted over it with enamel glitter paint.  For the inside,  I used the oh so cute Reindeer Bells set stamped on a watercolor background.  I filled it with some Paper Sweeties sequins including the new snowflake ones that are a limited offering in her shop. 

 
On this one, I painted the frame with some Rusty Paper paint I got a couple months ago and used last month's Stamp of the Month to heat emboss the sentiment.. added a few extras to the top... I think it makes a nice rustic looking ornament... also used a Paper Sweeties rusty bell...love those!

 
Thanks for stopping and don't forget to come back tomorrow for Atlantic Hearts!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

So creative Lisa.....love the idea of shaker ornaments, really pretty! I'm struggling to make any thing at the moment...no time and no mojo ( nothing is working) :(

comopark1886 said...

These ornaments are adorable! I especially love the little reindeer! I haven't done any shaker thingys, I've been afraid they wouldn't turn out right :-(

Lisa Minckler said...

EEEEK! These are incredible too!! I'm gaga over ornaments and you stole my heart with these. Just LOVE them!