Friday, November 27, 2015

Believe in the Magic...

 
 
I started this one last week, but didn't want to finish it 'til my new Paper Sweeties snowflake sequins came and they did so here it is!  I've been playing around with using Versamark on my embossing folders and embossing the background.  I like the effects I'm getting... you get a different look depending on which side of the embossing folder you are going to heat emboss on.  I used my holographic embossing powder for this one.  Love the look (and I cut a square out of the center that I knew was going to be covered up so I could use it on another card... otherwise it was just wasted hiding away back there... ).  Basically I inked up one side of my embossing folder with Versamark by just dabbing the ink pad on it, placed the cardstock in the folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug.  Only the raised parts on the folder  (mostly) were covered with the ink.  Then I sprinkled the embossing powder on the cardstock and heated it up.  I'll be playing with this a little more... ooh... maybe with the snowflakes :)

 
I used the Paper Sweeties Sweet Cuts Stitched Tags #2 to cut out the mitten from felt for this one.  I cut two... one in white and one in pink and then I used gold thread in the stitched lines left by the die.  The stitched tags dies not only cut out the shape, but also a little stitched line... so cute!  The little netted iridescent ribbon came from Funkie Junkie and I tied it along with some plain white seam binding ribbon for more bulk.  I used one of the Paper Sweeties snowflake sequins on top of the bow and layered a regular sequin and some bling in the center.
 
Thanks for stopping!  Hope to have more for you this weekend, but don't forget to stop by on Monday for the new Atlantic Hearts!  There is still time to play along this weekend.... give it a try!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

The background sparkle is so pretty.....love the idea of using versamark and embossing powder. How gorgeous are those mittens! My snowflakes arrived in the mail last week...yay :) Gorgeous card Lisa. Have a great weekend.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is adorable! I love the pink mitten, beautiful ribbon, the shaker, and all the embossing! Gorgeous!