Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Paper Sweeties 4th Birthday Celebration!


Woo Hoo it's time to party!  August is Paper Sweeties 4th Birthday and we are celebrating in a big way with a special Blog Hop today!  We're being joined by past Paper Sweeties Design Team members and some special Guest Designers as well!  Hop along and visit each blog, leave some love, and get inspired!

Here is what I've created for you today (links to all of these fun Paper Sweeties products are included at the end of my post):


I had so much fun with this one!  I started with a kraft background, layered some pretty kraft colored music paper on it and then took a doily stencil, added some clear texture paste through it and while it was still wet, I sprinkled on some Doodlebug white glitter.  While that was drying I cut out all of my other shapes.


For my little shaker element, I used the presents in the Stitched Tags #3 Sweet Cuts set.  I cut two in that paper and used a little rectangle to cut the center out.. added some clear cardstock and some foam tape, inserted some Bubblegum and Frosting Sequins and a small amount of micro beads. 


Those pretty balloons are from the Party Time Stamp Set and Dies.  I cut the balloon part out of some design paper and cut the balloon strings out of vellum.


I added a little crocheted flower that I made, some squigglies cut from vellum, some leaves from the Party Time set and that gorgeous seam binding ribbon... my fave!  Of course I added a few more sequins around to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other creations we have for you today!  And don't forget to stop back on the 14th for the start of the New Release reveal... it's going to be an awesome one!!

DESIGNERS' BLOG HOP LINK LIST:

Debbie - Paper Sweeties


Beth Leutschwager

Jeri Thomas 

Jill Norwood

Jinny Newlin 

Julie Tucker-Wolek

Kathy Schweinfurth 

Larissa Heskett

Lilian Forsyth



Lisa Bzibziak (You are Here!)

Lori Hairston 

Mackie Robertson 

Maria Patrick

Michele Henderson

Mynn Kitchen

Nancy Salkeld 

Pattie Goldman



Tracey McNeely 

Also, don't forget to play along with this month's inspiration challenge!  I think I accidentally made another card using this inspiration...lol!  This month's prize is a whopping $100 gift certificate to the Paper Sweeties shop!!  THAT is a lot of stuff!... so many sequins and so many yards of ribbon... and my oh my.. which stamp sets and dies will you get??  What are you waiting for??  You don't have to use Paper Sweeties products on your entry (of course we love it if you do)!  Join the fun!  Say Happy Birthday to Paper Sweeties and to Debbie by playing along!










17 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Lisa I just adore this card! Such a sweet little shaker element birthday present too! And so fun to have that doily embossed on the background with the paste! Awesome project! :)

Tracey said...

So much detail...loving all the layers Wow! The doily and shaker present.....its all so pretty! Its fun hopping with you too!

Unknown said...

What a great card. Such great texture. Beautiful

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors and those balloons!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the wonderful elements...especially the shaker!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh wow! Your card is sooooo PRETTY Lisa! Beautifully done!

Theresa

Maria said...

Oh, my! You do shabby chic so well, Lisa!!! I had to take a close look at see all the beauty...amazing!!! Love all the texture, sweet shaker present, and lovely crocheted flower! Truly, one of my favs from you...LOVE it!!!

Jeri said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! Love the shaker present!!! Great job on this one.

Debbie said...

A college-y work of art, Lisa! Love how you turned the present into a shaker and added sequins for some sparkle and shine!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wowzers, Lisa! This is AWESOME! Love these colours together and of course you know I love the shaker! You have so many cute details - I can't stop looking at everything! I want to CASE every card you make!

cghundley said...

How pretty and a
fabulous way to
make the shaker
out of a present!
Carla from Utah

Lori Turner said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Lisa, I love ALL the delicious elements on this card - I keep going back and looking for more stuff with my jaw hung open! AWESOME! xoxoxo

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your beautiful cards are always so full of fabulous layers and details!

Mitralee said...

Really dig this card! I'm home and finally got a chance for some blog surfing so totally got a load of eye candy on this post!! Rock star! Guess what, we hang out in like a couple of weeks! How cool is that! Hugs!

Jinny Newlin said...

I think that I say it EVERY time I visit here, Lisa, but I adore all those textures! Gorgeous! Way to rock those dies, and your palette is pure perfection! Happy birthday, Paper Sweeties!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, WOW! I am in LOVE with all the texture and patterns you have on this gorgeous card! LOVE your amazing layering, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lilian said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the colors!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio