Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Three Amigos Blog Hop August 2016


Welcome to the August 2016 edition of the Three Amigos Blog Hop!  We are three good friends who found each other through Close To My Heart and we challenge each other every month to create something with a theme with some of the fabulous products from CTMH!  This year Susan came up with some great themes all centered around "3' and this month it's Three Folds.  I took this one pretty literally and chose this Pyramid type of card because there are three folds.. no more, no less.

I used leftovers from my Magical Workshop ... the paper, the little word bubble and the sequins are all extras and I'll be showing you the layouts from that workshop soon!  I also used the adorable little "M" sized stamp set, Pinata Hooray and the cute little banners from the August Stamp of the Month (Which I'm kind of in love with), Purr-fect Halloween.  The sentiment is a combo from Pinata Hooray and the sentiment set that comes with Artistry Cricut Collection.


If you've never made one, you should.  They are pretty easy and a lot of fun!  And they can be folded flat for placing in an envelope and mailing... you would just use some velcro at the place where it all attaches to stand so the recipient can then stand it up and display it (because of course they will want to!)


As you can see here, it's simply 3 4x4 squares folded down the center from tip to tip.  Then I took three 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" squares and cut them from corner to corner to layer on one side of the square... you could do both.. most of the other wide will be hidden... but you can still see some of it on the "legs" of the card so depending on your card it might be worth it! (and if you're me, you cut off the part that's not showing on the two squares and save it for a different project :)!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and be sure to hop on over to Donna and Susan's blogs to see what they have made for you!  And be sure to check out Lessology this month!  My post is live today so come back when you're done and check it out!

12 comments:

Susan Fogle said...

Super cute! I still have the pyramid card you showed me how to make years ago.

Lisa Mensing said...

Lisa this is perfection! I've never made a pyramid card but I'm feeling inspired! I just realized I was not a follower, shame on me. Am now, though. Hugs.

Allie Gower said...

Very fun card!

comopark1886 said...

Over the top again!

El said...

Awesome. Going to try this. Thanks for the inspiration and idea.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This looks amazing, Lisa! Such a fun style - I have never tried this one! I like how it folds down for mailing too!

shoshanah21 said...

So do you partially assemble it before mailing and have the recipient tape the last section together?

Lisa said...

Shoshanah, what I usually do is use Velcro to adhere it. But I couldn't find my Velcro in time to post this. That way it's easy for me to decorate and see what it looks like together and then unfasten and mail and then for them to stand back up and fasten.

shoshanah21 said...

Thank you. Might use your idea for a kids' Thank You cardmaking session for 5th/6th graders tomorrow.

Lisa said...

Oh yes! That's a great idea! They'll love them!

Scrapper69 said...

This is just sooo COOL!! LOVE the design Lisa! Fantastic!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Tracey said...

Wow what a fun design, super creative....I would have never thought of 3 folds?