Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Coffee Hop Day 7 (Almost) - Coffee Anytime!


It's Day 7 (almost) of the Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers BlogHop!  I was going to wait until tomorrow or Friday to post this, but this one is for the Outlawz Progressive Challenge and I have to figure out how to link it up so I figured I'd better start now...lol!


So the idea for the Progressive Challenge for those that don't know, is you get a free digi image to create with and as long as you make and link something up during that month, you'll get sent the next one for the next month and so on!

I created this night scene by using distress inks on the sky after masking off a circle where my moon would go.  I used a couple blues and a purple.  I left the area around the moon light because I wanted the light from my moon to be radiating out....I'm imagining she's stepped out on the veranda after a wonderful summer party to have a cup of coffee before she heads home.


Isn't she beautiful... she's called My Fair Lady and she's from sponsor SheepSkiDesigns...and I'm also playing along with the SheepSkiDesigns monthly challenge on their blog (Girlz Rule) and on Facebook (Anything Goes)

I added some dots with Nuvo drops but when they dried, even though I used the white it was a little translucent for my taste so I took out a tiny paint brush and some white acrylic paint and dotted some of that around.  I also added a few lines for shooting stars... flicks really.

That cup is from a set from Create A Smile and was the perfect size for her... I used my little hearts from the Paper Sweeties Over the Rainbow Sweet Cuts and cut the steam out of vellum.


Coffee IS always a good idea... tried to keep the rest of the card fairly simple, but you know me... a pretty sentiment, some pretty vellum flowers and sequins...

So thanks so much for stopping!  I have two projects today and you can check the other one out here!

Come back tomorrow for the (sniff, sniff) last day of the Coffee Hop....

And then there's this!




15 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, what a lovely scene! Great design, Lisa.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful.

Marjeta

CarlavdM said...

WAUW...what a wonderfull card with that awesome night sky. Like the whole look of your card Lisa.

Shelly said...

Oh so pretty!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well THAT'S using your noodle! I still haven't done my Progressive for Outlawz and here you've managed to make it fit for the Hop. You ROCK! xxD

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, Lisa!

Heidi said...

Love this fun creation with all the elements put nicely together!

Ann said...

Beautiful card, love the little scene.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful scene and I love the sky you did.

Becca Yahrling said...

She is a beauty and so is this card. Love all the little details you put into your lovely creations.

The Craft Princess said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! :) Hugs...Janie

~amy~ said...

What a pretty scenery! That coffee mug works perfectly!

Lolis said...

I'm amazed by your card! It's so beautiful! I love how you used so many different techniques to create such a unique and amazing card!

Fikreta said...

I have just one word to describe this card:
Amazing!

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Wonderful card. I love the look you've given to scene. The background is wonderful. Thank you for joining us on the Sheepski Design June "Girlz Rule" challenge.