Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cheers To You!


Popping in for a quick one today!  Needed a man card for a young man at work that has a birthday tomorrow... the poor guy has to sit in our area and he's one of two young men in a room of 11... and he's a really good sport!  He's one of my favorite people... probably because he reminds me of my kids... his sense of humor and fun.... so of course I had to make him a birthday card!

I'm using the No Worries paper pack (it's our theme over at the Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge.. you should check it out.. you don't have to use the actual papers!)  I'm playing along with the sketch challenge over at Dragonfly Journeys (sketch is at the end of the post).  I'm also playing along with Heart2Heart Challenges Fiesta Challenge, and Cards 4 Guys Something Blue For Father's Day


I will admit... I don't have a whole lot of stamps suitable for a 20-something young man... or really a whole lot of man stamps...lol!  But I did have this cool set from Two Paper Divas with the Beer Mug on it and I thought it would be perfect... although I did have a hard time deciding between the Margarita and the Beer Mug...lol!  But I landed on this one because I thought it would be fun to color... I made some bubbles on the inside (I've made better bubbles but they were so tiny and an afterthought so not the best... but he won't notice..lol); I also added some white streaks for a reflection and some liquid glass to the foam and sliding down the sweaty glass... I don't think Two Paper Divas is around any longer, however you can still find some of their stamps on Amazon and on the Walmart website...

And I am loving that Cheers die from Paper Smooches... love their word dies and the fonts on their stamps.. I think it really adds to the fun feel!


This sentiment was from the Two Paper Divas set as well... and all dies are from Craftin Desert Divas except for the double stitched circle... I believe that is from MFT.


Hope you enjoyed your stop here today!  I'll be making a few man cards over the next week or so... don't forget to come back and see me!  You can sign up to get email notifications if you want!

See you again soon!



14 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Haven't had a beer in a very long time, but it sure looks inviting and great coloring and creating the froth. Great interpretation of the sketch challenge and now let's party. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H, don't forget to come back with our other June challenges.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is awesome! Perfect for your coworker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Cheers to you! Your coworker will love this! Thanks for all the inspiring ideas and for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Laurie Levorson said...

Awesome! I know quite a few people for whom this card would be perfect! Your coloring and paper choices make for a stunning card. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

Lori said...

So fun! The beer mug is perfect (and so are the bubbles) for your young man co-worker. Love the addition of the gold banner and cheers. Wonderful card!

Lori said...

He should like this card, so neat!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is great! I love that beer mug! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

sunstamper said...

Great job on this fun card! May the best "spirits" card win! Haha!

Scrapper69 said...

Fun Card... love that beer mug!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Jeannie said...

Hi Lisa! This is an amazing "guy" card you created for your co-worker, and a great interpretation of my sketch for this challenge. I just love all of the great elements you added to it, and I hope you'll join me again when you can :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/

Cazro said...

A super card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Brandi said...

For someone with out a lot of "man" supplies you knocked it out of the park. I hope he liked it because it is a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Haley D. said...

What's a fiesta without some suds? Cute card! I'm sure he appreciated it. Thanks for joining us @ Heart2Heart!

Anonymous said...

Cheer!! Love this!! Thank you for playing along at Heart2Heart Blog! ~ DT Jen