Monday, June 26, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 218 Meets Coffee Lovers - Day 4


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch!  This week is also the Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I'm playing along with this card for Day 4.

Well, you really can't get any more coffee than this!  I started by smooshing, splashing, and splattering coffee on some watercolor paper.  Once that was dry, I used the coffee beans from the Paper Sweeties But First, Coffee stamp set, stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.  Then I used some watercolor to color in the beans.


This sentiment is from the Coffee, Yes Please stamp set and the cup is from You Warm My Heart.


I love these sweet flowers from the Hello Spring stamp set and I took the opportunity to scatter around a few of my favorite gold sequins!


So thanks for stopping!  I had so much fun creating this background that I think I'll make some more to have on hand... and they're right... it does smell pretty darn good too!


Be sure to check out this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  This feels like a sketch I could use over and over and never tire of it!  And while you're at it... create something coffee, tea or hot cocoa and summer (you know, flowers yes, snowflakes no) and play along over there too!  Lots of prizes and many sponsors giving away free digis!






14 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh wow, that BG is so yummy - I can almost smell it over here. :-) This is a beautiful card. Love all the golden tones.

Christine said...

Lisa, I am so glad that the hop helped me find your blog! I love the "high octane" coffee background of your card and the layers are fabulous. Can't wait to continue scrolling through your posts.
Blessings,
Christine

Ann said...

Sweet card, love the earthy tones.

Hetty said...

Lisa, this card smells, looks and feels like coffee.
Love it!

Heidi said...

I just love all the fun elements on this card, with the vellum overlay and how you created your own gorgeous patterned paper with real coffee!

Shelly said...

This is sooo pretty!

~amy~ said...

This is beautiful! Love the use of the coffee!

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is Fantastic Lisa! LOVE the background you created! Looks awesome! I'll be heading out on my trip, but wanted to stop by to say hey there! :) See ya when I get back! Have a wonderful 4th of July! HUGS! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

D.Ann C said...

What a fab coffee background for this sweet card! Thanks for all the love you've left over on my blog!! Hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card! Love the coffee spattered background and the beans!

Carmela said...

Love the colors and layers of your card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card with wonderful colors and awesome layers.

Fikreta said...

so great card!

Helen F. said...

So much coffee goodness here!