Thursday, June 15, 2017

Camp Create Day 1 - Out Of This World Watercolor


I'm so excited to be participating in MFT Stamps Camp Create this year!  I always find it a little too late and I'm behind this time, but I'm going to try to make a project for each day!  If not, as much as possible anyway...  There are lots of prizes and you should definitely check it out!  Just click on the link above to get started!  Day 1 is all about watercolor and I chose to watch the most awesome video included in the MFT post and try out one of these cool Galaxy backgrounds!


These backgrounds are very popular and I've been wanting to try one out, but just haven't had the opportunity and this was perfect!  Love that this is a rainbow one... you know how I feel about my colors!!  Love them all!  I know mine is not nearly the best, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  I created a Father's Day card for my dad and I'm playing along with the Paper Smooches June challenge - Men!

I substituted some white acrylic paint for the Copic paint that they use in the video because I didn't have any and so mine may have gooped out a bit, but then I thought maybe the goops were cool... or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!


I recently purchased this Paper Sweeties "Dad" word die and planned to use it to play along with the Men Challenge!  I love the fun fonts and it was perfect for this card... to make it pop out a bit, I used a CDD sun die in black glitter paper to back it.. it was just what it needed....


I also used the Paper Smooches Fireworks die for my shooting stars... it comes with a few different sizes of "rays" and stars... and you can use them for a lot of different purposes... sunrays... shooting stars... the little stars would make great confetti addition in shaker too (that's coming up in Camp Create for Day 3!).  The sentiment from CDD was perfect for the theme of this card!

So thanks for stopping by and don't be afraid to try this!  Although mine isn't perfect, I think it still looks pretty cool!  Check it out for sure!





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Looks AWESOME.

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! So COOL Lisa! Your background looks amazing! Love the colors and splatters.. this was a fun challenge at Camp Create for sure! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Daria Z. said...

Fabulous background...wonderful card!