Saturday, June 17, 2017

MFT Camp Create Spectacular Shakers-Life Is Better


Welcome to My Day 3 at MFT Camp Create 2017!  This day is about Spectacular Shakers... and here's what I created:


So this month for the Three Amigos Challenge, the focus is the No Worries paper pack from CTMH (or just the colors/inspiration if you don't have the paper) so I thought I'd use the paper pack and complements for my project.  I also used the awesome Stitched Circle Frames from My Favorite Things for my shaker... I LOVE these frames for shaker cards... the frame is wide enough to add some popup tape with no issues and it's easy... and I love the stitches on this one...


I love all of the patterns and colors in this paper pack and the complements are fun too.. that arrow, the heart and my circle sentiment inside my shaker are all from the Complements pack.  And those pretty sequins are from CDD called Emerald Isle... they were the perfect colors for this one..


The palm trees and leaves are also from the pack of Complements and with a little twine and that pretty flower from my stash... I was done... quick, no stamping, and fun!


This is one of the easiest shaker styles I make... I use the circle frames to cut out my frame... then I used an MFT circle die that was just a little bigger than my shaker window to cut both my acetate piece and my bottom layer of the basket weave.  Stuck the sentiment to the basket weave, placed the basket weave on my card leaving enough room for the additional width of the frame.  Glued my acetate circle to the inside of my frame and added foam tape around it.  Before I peel the cover off, I place (dump) my sequins on top of my sentiment... enough so that it won't cover the sentiment, but it still is "enough"... then I place the window over them without permanently sticking it and try to hold it in place and test out my quantity of sequins... do they fall below the picture or sentiment?  Are there enough?  Sometimes I add more, and sometimes I take some out... this time I got it just right!  THEN I lift my frame up, push the sequins back towards the center so they don't get caught under the frame, peel off the protective covering on the foam tape and stick it in place.  Done!

My biggest and most frequent mistake with shakers is I get my foam tape on the frame and then realize I never added the acetate...lol!!  Start over?  Never!  I just then decide to turn it into a faux shaker... I leave the window open and glue some sequins around inside the circle.

So.... I earned this!


  You really should check this out and play along.. lots of prizes and you don't HAVE to do all of them, but the prizes get bigger if you do... 

I'm also playing along with the Paper Craft Happy Challenge #1-Anything Goes with the option of Summer... you should check it out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super Creative Card make! The embellishments and the background paper work so well together. I Love the basket weave detail . I feel like I'm on vacation with your design. I think your description was wonderful and the tropical flower embellishment is great. Thank you for sharing your talent at Paper Craft Happy Challenges! -DT

The Craft Princess said...

Oh I just LOVE your shaker card!!! I just got that No Worries paper pack and also the No Worries stamp & die set....I can't wait to use it, and now you have given me wonderful inspiration!!! Thank you :) Hugs...Janie

Tracey said...

You create the best shakers...thanks for all the tips! Yep the sequins look just right! Gorgeous card!

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE the SUMMER vibe going on... Fantastic Shaker...

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Inspired 4 U Crafts said...

I like all the different elements on this card. Great make.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fez4_dHBI_A/WUnNB3ZUSiI/AAAAAAAAAD0/7vj80Q9tiT4LiLkK9pf-ndGE-x0iD7HXgCLcBGAs/s1600/Challenge%2BBadge.png
Http://inspired4ucrafts.weebly.com