Saturday, June 17, 2017

MFT Camp Create 2017-Glitzy Glitter


Last day for MFT Camp Create 2017-Glitzy Glitter!  Great video (again) on the blog regarding adding a special tape to your paper before diecutting and then adding glitter to it after you cut it but before you adhere it... I didn't have enough colors of actual glitter for my liking, so I cut my dies directly from glitter paper... I am filing the video away for later though because I have glitter... and I have the tape.. and I have the dies... I just haven't used them all together yet!  Anyway, here is my project:


One of the cards on the blog has a flamingo on it and I don't have the MFT flamingo, but I did have this Reverse Confetti one that I bought... a while ago... and hadn't used and wanted to ... so I inked it up!  (I got it so long ago that I think it's retired now...lol!)   I also used the Reverse Confetti True Love paper pad I got not AS long ago, but it was a while ago also.  That pretty scalloped Rectangle is from My Favorite Things... that set is one of my favorite...


Isn't she sweet?  I had her body and legs all stamped before I remembered I had also bought the dies...lol!  So since I didn't want to start over, I decided I'd pop up the wing and I love the way it looks so I'm glad I did...


A couple more of my favorite die sets are the leaves you see here... they are from the Leafy Greenery set and it is quite awesome!  I also used the Flourish die from my dry embossing project.  I cut them all of glitter paper since this is a glitter challenge and I have lots of it...lol!  I love these paper flowers from Hobby Lobby... they were the perfect addition because they feel a little tropical... I think anyway... but I love them so I keep a bunch hanging around and replenish every time they have a sale.


And this sentiment is from the Reverse Confetti Paper Crane set.  It's got some great sentiments on it and pssst!  It's on sale right now... the Flamingo set also had some great sentiments, however they were too big for my space so I was happy I had these.


And for a little more glitter, I used some glittery gems instead of sequins.. did I mention I love glitter??  Don't fear the glitter!

So I earned this badge:


And I'm done!  I made it through all of the projects for all of the days.. learned some new things for sure... looking forward to my next camp!  Speaking of... this coming Friday is the start of the Summer Coffee Hop!!!  Maybe I should have been getting ready for that?  Nope... it will be a flurry of paper confetti, sequins and glitter all over again!  Come back this week for The Cutting Cafe Inspiration and maybe a couple surprises... idk... maybe...

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Time to play catch up :) First..thankyou so much for visiting me! Really pretty card, you can never have enough sparkle, love the pretty flowers and flourish cluster. ps..I needed reminding that I have that MFT scallop die..love it!

Lori said...

This card is so pretty! Great design.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the flamingo and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire said...

Love how you've popped up the wing - so sweet!

Scrapper69 said...

Fantastic card! LOVE the flamingo! Isn't it funny how we hoard our stamps & dies and are like.. Oh gosh... I've never used this? LOL I do it ALL the time... I've got some great stamps that have been sitting for more than a year... YIKES!! Glad you pulled out that Flamingo... great card! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations