Friday, June 16, 2017

MFT Camp Create-Remarkable Resist-Smooches!


I'm on Day 2 of Camp Create... still behind but hangin' in!... and today's theme is Remarkable Resist and there's a cool video for this technique also on the MFT Blog!  Here's what I did:


So a while ago I got this very cool Plaid Builder stamp set from MFT and believe it or not I hadn't used it yet... it was waiting patiently.. and I thought this was the perfect time to pull it out and ink it up and I'll tell you I'm in love!

So basically I started with a piece of watercolor paper that was a little bigger than I needed.  I stamped the plaid background and embossed it.  The very cool thing about this set is that it's not one full background stamp... you have some choices... some of the lines are together and some are separate so you can create your own pattern on your block.  I placed a few on the block and stamped until my paper was covered... they are a little over 6 inches long so horizontally the stripes fit across and then I stamped my group of lines a couple times to cover horizontally... the hardest part I'd say is a couple of the lines are separate (which is awesome), but took me a few extra seconds... yes... seconds... to make sure they were pretty straight.  And the pattern is forgiving... after it was all stamped and embossed, I just got out my water colors and my inspiration for the colors was the Cupcake Inspirations Watercolor Challenge... pic is at the bottom... I'm playing along and you should check it out!  I'm also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for this week which is embossing and you should check that out too... both have prizes!


So... OMG... adorable right??  I got this Cactus die from Paper Smooches a few weeks ago when the June Release went live and I took this opportunity to crack it open.  I love that a lot of the PS dies cut a thin outline so it's so easy to cut a few in various colors and mix and match to fill in your spaces.. I always save the extras for a future project.  This time though I chose to cut mine out of watercolor paper... I left the outline white, but used my Zig watercolor markers to color her in (she has a flower in her "hair".. of course she's a she!)..


And the Smooches die was perfect for my sentiment in some pretty purple glitter paper!  Well here's to hoping I can catch up over the weekend!  You should play along with Camp Create for one day or all the days... it's inspiring and fun and there are lots of prizes!  I've earned my Day 2 Badge:


I'm playing along to hopefully someday be a guest designer over at Paper Smooches!


And here's that beautiful inspiration photo from Cupcake Inspirations:



7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Of course she's a she! Adorable!

Lori said...

This is so cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that plaid and the cactus! So CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Craft Princess said...

Adorable card!!! I love the background you created :) Hugs...Janie

Tracey said...

So adorable....I really love the background! I've been thinking about getting that stamp, love the the background!

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Lisa! The background you've created is lovely & the image is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Scrapper69 said...

The background is awesome on this one Lisa! and I LOVE the Cactus smiling! so cute! Have a great day! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations