Friday, June 30, 2017

Coffee Hop Day 8 - I'll Take Coffee With My Sunshine


So... once again it's here... the last day, Day 8 of the Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Bloghop... I can never believe how fast the week goes.  Today I'm sharing a quick and easy card with you that maybe doesn't look so quick and easy... 


Isn't this so pretty??  Before you get too excited... I can't take too much credit for anything here... the image and sentiment were from a 12x12 page of coffee images from Art Play Paintables... they are printed on what feels like watercolor paper and they are pretty awesome... I chose the sunshine one because... well... it's the Summer Hop and I do love the Sunshine (I better living in Southwest Arizona!)  I got my sheet at my local scrapbook store.

And the papers... those beautiful papers... are from Polka Doodles and I got mine at LDRS Creative... my card design is very simple because I didn't want to cover up the paper, but I thought the colors went perfectly with my watercolored image.


I did use my Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils and a tiny paint brush to color it in... I added the lines for the grassy hills because it was plain allowing you to do whatever you want.  You could use watercolors, pencils, or probably water based markers to color these in, but because of the paper I don't think Copics would play well....


You know I love my layers so although I didn't do much, I did cut a couple flowers out of what was left over from the 6x6 sheet and popped them up on the corners so a little bit of them came over the image...and of course a few sequins!  And there's my all time favorite bottom layer cut with the Craftin Desert Divas Crazy Stitched Frame dies...

So there it is... pretty simple!  And I have 8 more prints to use... not for this week though... 

So... the end is near, tonight the Coffee Hop is over.  You still have time to play along.. I'm hoping to make one more, but we'll see... I'm gonna miss you... hope you'll come back!



13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo fun! LOVING that sentiment and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corr InkWell Journal said...

Will be looking in your blog long after the CLH - love your style.

Lori said...

That matched up quite well, and looks so pretty!

Mitralee said...

This card made me smile!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love all the gorgeous colors on this card. What a cute focal image too.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so cute!

Helen F. said...

Sooo darn adorable, Lisa!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Wow, this card does not look simple at all. Great use of the various patterns and prints!

Heidi said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card, one of the most beautiful in this hop, love it!

Hetty said...

Such a warm and colorful card, Lisa.

~amy~ said...

That watercolored panel is great! Love this pretty card Lisa!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is why I follow your blog ... so many pretty things! Love them all!! <3

Fikreta said...

very pretty card! and very nice coloring!