Saturday, June 17, 2017

MFT Camp Create 2017 Bonfire Bonus-Celebrate!


So Friday was a bonus night!  An extra project for MFT Camp Create 2017 Divine Dry Embossing.  There is another fantastic video on the MFT blog to explain the process for this very cool technique... here's what I made:


I used the same Stitched Flourish Die from MFT that was used in the video, however, before I embossed mine, I took my piece of watercolor paper and shook a little bit of Ken Oliver Colorbursts in Turquoise and Tangerine and spritzed with water.  I dried my paper in between applications of the different colors and I may or may not have blotted it and then used my heat gun because I was impatient... it's possible... :) ... 'cause I might be impatient.

I'm playing along with the Paper Play Sketches Color Challenge.. it's how I picked the colors I would use... but honestly this is one of my favorite color combinations so it wasn't really a challenge at all!


Here's a closeup of the dry embossing using my Big Shot.  I didn't have the proper pad, but I played around with some cardboard shims and a different pad that was a little softer and eventually got the right combination.  Thick enough to emboss with a die, but not too thick so that it cuts through.. I was looking for an old mousepad but couldn't find it... I made it work... but I am definitely getting an embossing pad for future use.  I placed the watercolor piece on top of a turquoise piece die cut with an MFT scalloped rectangle and then I layered that onto an orange piece I already had on my desk that was die cut using a CDD Stitched Rectangle.


To keep it simple, I just found a couple pieces of baker's twine in the colors I wanted and went through my stash of badge buttons and found this one.  I love leaving my card fronts a little ambiguous so I can use them for various occasions and be more specific when I stamp the inside of the card.  A few beautiful flower cupped Paper Sweeties sequins in Creamsicle and done!


I forgot to mention my base piece that I embossed with a folder (another form of dry embossing that I did have the correct tools for...lol) that I bought at my LSS not too long ago... I believe it was from Carta Bella and I LOVE it!

 Now I've earned this badge:

And don't forget to play along with Paper Play Sketches:



4 comments:

Tracey said...

Love the water colouring...great colours too! Aqua and Orange look great together.Fabulous card...I must check out the blog and watch the video to learn these techniques!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
~Owner/DT Janis

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Play Sketches, good luck!!! Amy DT

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE the colors on this one Lisa... Fantastic card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations