Monday, October 30, 2017

Hello Lovely-Createful Hearts Guest Designer!


So happy you are visiting me today!  I'm excited because I won a challenge over at Createful Hearts earlier this month and was asked to be a guest designer for the challenge that starts today!  I also won four digis and this adorable Northern Saw-Whet Owl is one of them!  It's so cute!



Isn't this little guy adorable!?  I colored him with my Copics.  These little owls come in all kinds of colors... I chose to color mine in browns and grays.

That pretty white crinkly seam binding is from D.L. Art and it's called Whipped Cream.  Diana has such pretty ribbons in all kinds of colors on her site... although for this one I chose white.


I had this idea as soon as I saw this owl... I wanted most of the card to be in whites.  A little kraft on the background and the sentiment.  Love the way it looks... 

I embossed the white background using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  My leaves are quite a mix of brands... the furthest back is a Tim Holtz diecut, the big loopy leaves are from Paper Smooches and the lacy Maple Leaf is from Frantic Stampers.


The dies for the sentiment are from Peachy Cheap... love the font!


And on the bottom, more leaves, that beautiful ribbon and the pretty white heart with sequins.  The clear sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and I LOVE them!


So there it is... my Clean & Simple/Not So Simple card...lol!  Thanks for stopping and do be sure to check out the Createful Hearts digi shop!   And link up to this Anything Goes Challenge!  You don't have to use one of Mary's Digis if you don't have one... and you might win some!


5 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the win Lisa! That's awesome to be a guest designer for Createful Heart Digi's! Your card is so pretty! the Owl is lovely and so is your design... I like all the layers of white on white with hints of brown... Have a great day! P.S. Thank you so much for my BEAUTIFUL CARD! I totaly LOVE it! :)
Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the GDT! This is gorgeous! LOVING the white and loving the owl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katieo said...

Congrats on the GDT. You sure created a gorgeous card for the challenge. You colored the image beautifully. I love the way you tucked the pretty dies behind the image. Thank you for joining the DL.ART October Linky Challenge

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a wonderful owl image and you used it so beautifully with all those dies and other elements you added to your card.

Mitralee said...

YUMMY!!! I've seen one of these owls in real life and boy are they cool! Your card really is so lovely!! NICE JOB!!! HUGS!