Thursday, November 30, 2017

Outlawz Progressive Challenge-November


Surprise post today!  So I'm under the wire with this one!  And I have to confess that when I realized I hadn't done this challenge yet the thought of creating a Fall themed card when I'm kinda in Christmas mode wasn't thrilling... but ... I'm in love and so happy with what I came up with!  It's for the Freebie/Progressive Challenge over at The Outlawz group... you get a freebie each month as long as you keep playing along!

I've been wanting to try a spotlight card for a while... not that it's super difficult I just forget when it comes time to create and when I thought about this image and that I had just a short time to get my project done this morning the spotlight effect seemed perfect!


Since I'd only have to color a part of the image, I could get it done in the timeframe I had.  It scared me a bit... how would it look... would it be right with not the whole image colored?

So I started by pulling my image into Word, sizing it, and then copying it so I could print out two in the same size.  Then I diecut the part I would color and decided I wanted to place the square crooked on my piece... which became challenging when looking for the right paper to use, but then I remembered this gorgeous Harvest Moon paper pad from Prima that I had gotten at my LSS and it was perfect!  I ink distressed all of my pieces using Antique Linen Distress Ink and it brought it all together.

Don't you love that scalloped rectangle die from Reverse Confetti???


I tried to give it a kind of a shabby chic flavor to it, so I'm also entering this into the Shabby Chic challenge on Facebook at Play Creative.

The leaf is from Prima, the orange flower I got in a bunch of goodies from Yvonne Yam, the sweet little flowers are from Hobby Lobby, and those pretty brown droplets are from Your Next Stamp.  That beautiful crinkly seam binding ribbon is from DL Art and I cut that cute sentiment from the paper pad.

Thanks so much for stopping!  Time to get off to work!  Come back tomorrow for the December Challenge over at Paper Sweeties!  (You know... if you want... I can't make you... free will and all of that)

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh so PRETTY Lisa! I LOVE the flowers and papers and design... very Elegant!

HUGS!
Theresa