Sunday, March 11, 2018

Coffee Is My Pot of Gold


I know what you're thinking!  Coffee again?  Yes... I just had to share another card using the Verve digi sets Irish Coffee and Lucky Day sets!  There is a sale going on right now over at Verve and a couple challenges that I'm playing along with.

I had the idea right after I finished my last card using this set to create a foiled background with the four leaf clover in the Irish Coffee set.  I just took the digi, pulled it into word, made it the size I wanted and then copy and pasted it, turning the clover every which way.  I tried to keep them around the same distance apart, but made sure that I varied the direction the stems were going in so that it looked more random.


I printed that out using my laser printer on some white cardstock, die cut it with a Waffle Flowers Scalloped die, and then placed a piece of that beautiful Gina K Designs Gold Sequins foil over it and ran it through my Minc machine.  Voila!  It turned out just how I was hoping!


I had printed out both sets in pdf form the other day, so I chose this sentiment, die cut it with a circle die and then ran that through the Minc as well.  That Gold Sequin foil is just sooo cool and looks different at every angle.  I original had one larger green circle behind my scalloped circle here, but it covered up more of my clover than I wanted covered so I decided to leave it out... turns out I didn't need it at all!


Then I colored and cut out the clover and to go cup from the Lucky Day set, tied some ribbon around and embellished it with the cut out digis, some flowers and a few Doodlebug Sprinkles in green.
 

I think you're starting to understanding that I've fallen in love with my Minc and I'm finding a new love for digital stamps.  I will always love my physical, touchable, smellable, real life stamps, but I LOVE all of the extra stuff I can do with the digis now since I got a laser printer and my Minc.  Very excited!

So, as I said, I'm playing along with some challenges!  I used the sketch from Viva La Verve for this month again... it's such a versatile sketch and it was perfect for this combo of stamps, dies, and "stuff".  I'm also playing along with the Verve March 2018 Inspirations Hop and Challenge.  Also, I'm adding this to the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Mixed Medium Challenge for this week!





6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the shamrocks and the shimmer!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic use of the shamrocks on your coffee design. I love all the shine you added to it as well.

Lori said...

This is a beautiful card, that foil is pretty.

~amy~ said...

The foiling is AMAZING. Such a pretty card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa! This is so cute and fun, and I LOVE that cool sentiment! Love the gold on this card too, gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love how you did the foiled background with the shamrocks. Thanks for joining us for our challenges!