Friday, August 3, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #205 Inspiration - Stamp A Pattern!


Welcome to a new CAS-ual Fridays Friday Challenge!  This time around, we're challenging you to Stamp A Pattern!  And here's what I've come up with:


I had a lot of fun creating this background with the Celebrate stamp set.  I used my Misti to be sure I didn't get too far off track and kept my Happy lines straight...lol!  I have a tendency to give a slope to almost anything I try to eyeball.  I have to straighten every photo I take... I think my head might be on crooked...lol!


I used some CTMH inks in the colors I wanted.  I stamped all of the Happy words first to make sure I had them a fairly equal distance apart and then turned to the cute little "jacks" stamps and stamped them in between, alternating my Pear and Lagoon colors by line.  Then I took two Copic markers in colors that were close (YG03 and BG10 mayber?) and just dragged the brush end across in between the word lines.  I purposely tried to vary my widths and make it look hand drawn (not like I'd be able to make a perfect line anyway... but perfectly imperfect.. yeah... that's my deal).  Still feeling it needed a little something, I alternated some Nuvo drops in white and green.  I LOVE the way it turned out!


Then to finish it off, I used the Bubble Box Fri-dies for my sentiment square and stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white the B-Day from the Celebrate stamp set.  I LOVE those cute Jacks Fri-dies that go perfectly with this set as embellishments!  I cut them from some Lawn Fawn plaid paper that matched perfectly and also happened to have this beautiful Lawn Fawn twine that seemed to be made for this card!

I'm playing along with a challenge over at Color My Heart Color Dare!  It's a Tic Tac Toe challenge and I've used the first vertical row on the left plus the green!  The graphic is below!

Hope I've inspired you!  What are you playing for? 10 winning entries will be highlighted on the CAS-ual Fridays Blog the Thursday before a new challenge goes live!  We call it the Happy Hour!  In addition a $25 gift certificate goes to the overall winner.  AND if the chosen winner uses CAS-ual Fridays stamps and/or dies as the main focus for the card, the gift certificate increases to $50!

So what are you waiting for!  Nothing to lose and $25 to $50 of awesome stuff to gain!  Hope to see you over there


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to checkout this challenge... I can't wait to see what you create!  And don't forget to check out the inspiration from the team!  Some pretty awesome stuff going on there!





7 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

I have that same problem! I think my eyes are crooked! LOL - Love the design and colors you chose. Awesome card!

Theresa

Lori Kobular said...

Love your color combination on your fun and bright Happy card!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love it when you share your projects with Color Dare because I know how you use so many colors and the TicTacToe challenge can always fit your need. What a happy, happy, happy card and love the color choices. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week, and check out our TicTacToe at the end of each month.

Alyson Mayo said...

I love this happy card - so bright and cheerful! And all the “happy”s are straight! Thanks for sharing such a terrific birthday card with us at Colour Dare - made my day :)

Cat Nowak said...

Fantastic card! I love the addition of the dots and the lines between the words. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

papercraftingprincess said...

I truly love this card, Lisa! It just happens to have the colors of my favorite football team! Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

Your card is so warm and cheerful - just LOVE it! Thank you for playing along with Color Dare.