Saturday, March 30, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release-Tin Roof Cover Fri-Die!


Welcome to Day 7... the final day of CAS-ual Fridays New Release Inspiration!  Today we're using the new Tin Roof Cover Fri-Die.  Here's how I was inspired:


I decided to create a watercolored background and used my Color Bursts again to do it.  I cut a panel from watercolor paper, sprinkled on some blue and some violet powders, and misted heavily with water.  Then I took a second panel and smooshed it on top.  I intended to use the two panels together.. one as a base and a lighter one die cut using the beautiful Tin Roof Cover die over the top.

When the panel was dry (I may or may not have helped it along with my heat gun), I ran it through my die cutting machine.



Because the paper is a thicker watercolor paper, the pieces didn't fall right out onto my mat.  I carried it over to my table and as I started popping out the squares this idea popped into my head... I'd just carefully remove a few of them to create a window for a shaker!  I took out the ones I wanted and quickly added adhesive all over the back of the rest so they wouldn't come out and then laid a piece of acrylic over them.  This would ensure all of the remaining pieces would stay in tact.


Next, I added foam tape around the diamond shaped window and then around the outside of the panel.  I added a mixture of purples and turquoise sequins where the window would be and then adhered the panel to the base.  I decided to use a lagoon colored base rather than my second panel because it was so pretty I didn't want to cover up most of it... and I'll show you what I did with that in a bit!


I cut Hello Friend using the Sweet Friend Fri-Dies from that beautiful holographic paper.  I got that at a stamp show and as soon as I can find out what it's called, I will share it with you because if I find it again, I'm definitely getting more!  I like that it has both colors in it that I used for this card and it's different every time you look at it!  I cut the words a few times and stacked them and added the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Bushy Tailed stamp set.


Then those pretty branches from the Casual Trees Fri-Dies and some little flowers from my stash along with a few of the same sequins that are on the inside of my shaker.

THEN I took the second panel I had cut and die cut the Tin Roof Cover Die with some white cardstock and did this:


It's hard to believe these two panels were born just seconds apart...lol!   And I'm so glad I saved this one to use on its own.  It is the perfect backdrop for the white Tin Roof Die Cut.  I used my Art Glitter Glue with my fin tip applicater to add adhesive around the outer edge of the die cut panel and then just a quick dot in the center of each of the flowers.  I never worry about adhering anything so it lays super flat... I love the dimension a little bit of lift gives.


Then I used the Best Day Ever Fri-Dies for ... well... the Best and the Ever and the Friend is from the new Sweet Friend Fri-Dies.  I used the same holographic paper here, but it looks different, doesn't it... every angle has a different look.  I cut one of the Scallop Tags Fri-Dies from White and then used one of the Noteworthy dies to cut the end to give it a different look!  I embossed that with a woodgrain folder and then popped it up on my background.  Next I added my sentiment... don't they look like they were made for each other??


I got really lucky here and had these already alcohol inked and die cut flowers from the Garden Fri-Dies just hanging around in my extras box waiting to be added to this very card!


I used one of the dies from the Casual Trees set and cut it from a different color of the holographic paper; added those branches and then some cute little white flowers and some sequins.


With this one I'm playing along over at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge which is Play with Paint!  Hope you'll check that out!


And with this one I'm playing along at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes this week!  Yup Yup!  Of course you're gonna check this one out!  I'm also playing along over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday with a twist of Favorite Product or Technique and Why?

Now!  Be sure you see what all of my teamies have created for you today!  There's quite a lot of awesome around here!  Go to the CAS-ual Fridays Blog to see how you can try to win some of the new stuff and for links to all of my teamies' places!  Thank you so much for joining me today and every other day you stop to visit!  I hope you've enjoyed this week's Release Inspiration and should you decide there is something you must have, I have this for you:


Come back again soon!


8 comments:

Maura said...

What a gorgeous mix of colors! Love all the layers and the peek through - delightful card! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome, painty make with us at SImon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura

Scrapper69 said...

Wow! So beautiful Lisa! I love the mix of colors!

Theresa

Betty Locco said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love the watercolor look and how you creatively use the cover die. That holographic paper is perfect on both cards.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh these are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cover die and your cards using it are fabulous! The colors are awesome and these designs are so well laid out. I love them.

sharon g said...

How pretty the purple looks. I'm loving the different layers, too.

New Creations said...

Beyond gorgeous! Love the different textures and layers on both!

Kim Hamilton said...

Beautiful colors!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!