Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Crafty Elves Countdown To Christmas January 2022 Edition


Welcome back!!  It's a new year and me and my fellow Crafty Elves are doing it again this year!  Every month on the 25th we share the Christmas cards we made during that month.  We try to do a card a week and we've all pretty much made it every month!  I have a drawing each month from all of the comments and pick someone to get happy mail the following month so be sure to come back each month to see what we've created!

I'm in the midst of busy season but I've been managing to stay caught up with my projects and believe it or not I actually made 5 cards this month!  I used two different sets and here's how I was inspired:


I recently picked up the adorable Yuletide Mice stamp set from Reverse Confetti and I used some of the images on the first of this month for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!  (You can find that one here if you'd like to see it).  I had stamped, die cut and colored all of the images while I was away and decided to use the rest of them for today.  I also used a couple of the other elements from that card including these great Scalloped Square frames from RC and those snowflakes.


If you're new here I like to share my Copic colors as there are times when people ask.  If I'm coloring ahead of time like I often do when away, I take a pic of the markers with my phone so I can easily pull them out once it's photo time for my cards.  These were easy to remember though because they're some of my most often used color combos.


The Caffeinated Christmas Challenge is to create a Christmas Card with a coffee, tea or cocoa theme and for January, you must include at least one snowflake on your card.  The January challenge ends today!  You have 'til the end of the day to play along and you can check out all of the rules here!


These BGs are among my faves too!


I found these llamas from MFT (retired, but they've got some new adorable holiday llamas here) laying around already stamped on some Copic friendly paper so I decided to use them... because why wouldn't I??  Along with some pretty plaid paper from my stash-probably from either Lawn Fawn or MFT).  For this one I used that pretty Lacy Scallop Circle die from Reverse Confetti and those super fun Skinny Mini Fiesta Borders from Taylored Expressions.


And for this one a lot of the same elements, except for the frame I used that cute scalloped frame from Paper Smooches... I sure to miss Paper Smooches.


Those E40's... also a favorite combo.


And some blue plaid for this one... I LOVE these llamas!!  I also love the new ones... (I don't need any more llamas... I don't need any more lllamas... I don't......)


I had started coloring this llama already when I found the images, so I grabbed the markers I thought I used and was able to finish it off.  I like this combo too!

Well, that's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to hop on over to Debra and Michaels places!  And we have a very special guest with us this month... the super talented Liz McGuire is hopping along too so be sure to visit her place!

Now for last month's winner of some happy mail:


Becca!  Send me your snail mail!

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped and said hi!  Doing it again this month!  See you in February!





 

7 comments:

World of Michael Trent said...

Happy New Year Lisa!! 5 amazing cards. I really love the RC cards...who doesn't love her images and Confetti Cuts? And those llamas!! Too cute! Great way to kick off a new year of Crafty Elf goodness.

Judy Rozema said...

What an amazing idea! Your cards are all so fun and cute as can be. I miss Paper Smooches too. So glad I have a decent number of stamps still!

Denise Bryant said...

Mice and llamas! Adorable cards! Love the way you used the frames and the circle die to feature these fun images!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Love how you framed the images with the die cut! Wonderful cards Lisa!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Amazing cards! The mice are my favorite ! I love the pastel colors!

Becca Yahrling said...

Eeek!! So much cuteness with the sweet mice and adorable llamas!! And I just love those skinny festive borders - onto the wish list they went! lol All of your cards are just as sweet as can be. Always gives me joy in my heart to see them! (And I miss PS, too!!). Thanks so much for picking me as the last winner - I will send you an email.

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like the framing and the fiesta borders. Congrats to Becca too.