Monday, May 25, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #109

Inside:
Welcome to Sketch #109 at Atlantic Hearts!

I've been wanting to use the birdcage on the CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge for a while, but knew I didn't want to use it as it is... why would I ever make things easy for myself?  I love birds.  I had one when I was a child for a short while, but as an adult, it makes me sad to see a bird in a cage.  I feel like birds are meant to fly free.  I knew my "bird" wouldn't be inside the cage.

I used my reject gold embossed owl that I cut out when I was creating my mixed media canvases that I posted previously (he's no longer a reject!).  The owl is not from CTMH, it's a set I purchased long ago at CKC and the brand name is Darcie's.  Not all clear stamps are as good quality as CTMH and I rarely buy other brands, but when I saw this one I had to have it and I was pleased with the quality of this one.

CTMH products that I used: The paper is Jackson, the flowers were stamped from Happy to Be Friends (embossed with holographic powder and cut out), the sentiment I cut from a PML card from the Jackson set, some gold sequins.  I felt the Jackson sentiment was perfect for my escaped owl.



Stop on over at Atlantic Hearts to see all of the great artwork!

4 comments:

Debi said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love every component!

Anonymous said...

I love your glittery bird cage.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lisa, this is a beautiful card, so many little flowers and pearl centers, and of course I saw the transition of the owl change, which either really looked perfect.

Tracey said...

Wow...Lisa the detail on your card is amazing! Love the colours , and the extra dimension the embossing adds! Fabulous take on the sketch.