Monday, September 14, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #125


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  For this week's sketch I decided to make a shadow box.  Pretty much it's a card or scrapbook page in a box...lol.  I'll focus on the flowers for now.  I used the new CTMH watercolor set and swipe the colors I wanted onto watercolor paper in kind of a random pattern.  I blended a little more after I finished with just a little bit more water on my brush.  Then I sprayed a little more water on and sprinkled some salt on the mixture to create those pits I love so much.  After it was dry, I brushed off the salt and I used a bit of a gold metallic Gelato in a few random places and smushed it around with my finger.  Then I cut a bunch of flowers on my Cricut from the Art Philosophy cartridge in varying sizes.  I layed them out on a piece of paper and sprayed some more water on them.  When they were still a little damp I crumpled them up, then uncrumpled them, then sprayed them with water again and waited for them to dry a little 'til they were damp and crumpled them up again and then uncrumpled them and let them dry completely.  Then to add a little of the barn red that is in the papers, I distressed the edges with a sponge.  That's it :)... easy peasy.  It really was because for each step I'd do it and then go and work on something else.  And I was in the end very happy with the way they turned out and will definitely make more of these.
 
The paper is the retired Jackson; the sentiment and butterfly are from Artistry; the wood buttons in the center of the flower... idk... from my stash...and the oh so pretty blue sparkly flower centers are CTMH's new enamel and glitter duos.
 
Be sure to go over to Atlantic Hearts and check out all of the artwork and get some inspiration!  Thanks to Michelle for another great sketch!



5 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow....I have missed heaps! You've been busy! Love the sentiment, beautiful work!

comopark1886 said...

I love all the flowers! And you are so good with the new watercolors too!

Unknown said...

Another amazing project!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is absolutely stunning! The details in the flowers, the glitter butterfly... all the small details! I absolutely LOVE it and it deserves to be framed. Wow!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I usually use the background paper for a man's card; but this paper also makes a very stunning shadow box for us ladies. Beautiful.