Sunday, March 20, 2016

Coffee Lover's Hop Day 3 1/2!

 
So I wasn't going to post this guy today, but I just love him so much I can't help it... this cute little digi is from Craftin' Desert Divas and was created by Mindy Beverly and he is one of my favorites for sure!  This sentiment came to me one night so the card has been rolling around in my head for a while. 
 
I've been using my early Saturday mornings to create some watercolor backgrounds with my watercolors and/or Ken Oliver Colorbursts or both.  I am soooo impatient and hate drying time so I thought if I just keep making various colored backgrounds they'll be ready when I need them and I must say... it's worked out great!   I created this one a while ago and knew I wanted to make some kind of night time theme with it and my sleepy Dragon was perfect.
 
Daylight savings has kicked his butt, but don't worry...he's taking his medicine and he'll feel better soon.
 
 
Do you like the little steam I made out of vellum?  This adorable digi comes with the dragon holding a cupcake, but since I needed him to be hanging onto some coffee, I stamped the coffee cup from the stamp set Got Coffee, colored and cut it out and placed it over the cupcake.  It worked out well, except the candle flame stuck up over the cup... if I put the cup any higher it would cover his face too much.  I tried making the candle flame into steam, but that did not work out too well... finally it came to me!  And I couldn't be more pleased with how it came out... along with a little liquid glass I think it looks pretty good!
 
And his hat!  He had a birthday hat on, but I grabbed my little Lawn Fawn Hats Off To You set and made his birthday hat out of the Santa hat and made it into a striped nightcap.


 
This is true.
 
Here are the CDD Products I've used:
 
 
So!  Thanks for stopping by again and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Craftin' Desert Divas Linky Party!  It's one of my favorites so far...

31 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Another very adorable card...think I've seen this critter dressed for something else. Love all the embellishments...fun card.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I was so awed by the critter, I forgot to mention what a beautiful background and stitched panels he sits on.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

And LOVE the sentiment.

Karen B. said...

The dragon is most adorable!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, you really got creative on this one! And your coloring is very pretty, too.

Ceal said...

super cute, love the steam very creative!

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably sweet card! So very clever to use vellum for the steam!

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is so totally cute..

DIANA L. said...

Super cute dragon. I know that spring forward feeling. Love the cheerful colors in the card

D.Ann C said...

Adorable dragon and great steam! I feel the same way about DST!

Melanie R said...

The sentiment is so clever! And I love your cute dragon.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet little dragon!!!

yyam said...

Oh my. This is sooooo cute! LOVE the steam you added!

Sylvia said...

Love this bright and cheery card, Lisa, that dragon is too cute! Again Happy Monday!

Mitralee said...

Love how you take critters and turn them into a story! Love that sentiment! And the background is rock star! I MUST drag out those water colors asap!

Bunny said...

Wow! This is cute and cuddly. I don't like daylight savings time and losing that hour. Great sentiment and just a beautiful card. I would like for this one to come to my house. Beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Aren't you clever...love the sentiment teamed up with your wonderfully colored dragon!

Shelly said...

Adorable!!

Lee-Anne said...

This is so cute! I adore that dragon and the fun sentiment!

KimCreate said...

Oh how cute your colorful dragon is. Super cute card!

Julia Aston said...

What a cute Dragon - creative sentiment and sweet little vellum 'steam'!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

lol! This cracks me up! I love love love your background and the coloring is amazing!

Tonya said...

Funny! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Helen F. said...

Fun card! Great coloring

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

He is cute. Love the way you thought outside the box to modify the image to make it your own. Love the magical background too. TFS

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous background and a cute dragon! Very fun!

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS card Lisa :)
LOVE your ADORABLE dragon and FUN sentiment, LOVE your PRETTY colours and layers!!!
The vellum steam is a DELIGHTFUL finishing touch!!!

Hetty said...

Everybody likes coffee, even dragons!
Fab card.

Tracie Pond said...

Fabulous!!!!

StampingbugKerry said...

Gorgeous background! Love the splatters! :)

Gail said...

Beautiful card! I love this dragon!