Thursday, March 3, 2016

Three Amigos Blog Hop March 2016!



I made it!  A little late... but I'm here!  Welcome to this month's Three Amigos Blog Hop! 
When you're done here, don't forget to check out what Susan and Donna have created for your viewing pleasure!  Sorry for my tardiness... I think tax season is getting the best of me.  I was just saying to a friend two days ago that I thought I was all caught up and then Susan reminded me last night on my way home from work that today was the 3rd of March!!!  Really?  The good news is .. only 6 more weeks of bad work weather and then I can breathe!
 
So...to get on with it... we are three Close to My Heart consultants who challenge each other each month to create something with Close to My Heart products and there is always a twist!  This month we were to use three stamps... so easy, right!  Well, I have a habit of mixing a lot of different items from a lot of different sets a lot of the time.  So when I was planning my card (at the last minute) I kept thinking of all kind of stamps to use... but the theme isn't 3 or more, right?  (Not that it's unlike me to push the limits... 'cause I do... often...)
 
 
So I narrowed it down to an old stamp set, Year Round Cheer for the Clover stamp on the cup (it said "Stay Lucky", but I masked the Stay with some masking tape); Treats of Friendship for the Coffee Cup; and Ink Blot for my Spilled "Coffee" (Liquid Gold).  I still needed to add to the sentiment... but I wanted to stick to three and then I remembered these cool embossing pens I bought recently ... from somewhere... I can't remember...probably Butterfly Reflections Ink or Ellen Hutson.  So, I hand wrote the rest of my sentiment with the embossing pen and then embossed it in white on Topiary cardstock... I think I like the contrast...
 
 
I also used my Paper Sweeties Heart die, My Favorite Things Stitched Hearts and Circles dies, and some pretty gold lacey ribbon I got at my LSS, Scraps of Love... where unicorns fly through the sky and I walk around with stars in my eye... and see those pretty Gold puffies from Close to My Heart... I just love those.... and that pretty checked paper?  That is a leftover bag that my sweet friend, Tracey set some beautiful crocheted doilies in... I can't bear to toss any of it, so you'll be seeing over the next few weeks.  I used fundamentals for the base, and then I threw in some Clover paper I just got from Craftin Desert Divas for the Stitched Circle.
 
 
I cut a few cute little clovers from the Artfully Sent cartridge and smooshed some gold embossing powder on them... I was surprised when I searched "Clover" in Design Space with all the cartridges I have, very few covers came up.  In a hurry, I picked out a popup card from Artfully Sent, Ungrouped it and deleted everything that wasn't the clover.   Then I proceeded to duplicate it a few times... make it a bit larger and duplicate a few more... and a bit larger and duplicate a few more... So, I'm all stocked up for this month's "Green" challenges (Such as Lori from Choux Choux Paper Arts St Patrick's Day/Green challenge).  AND notice I'm stretching my muscles for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop that starts March 18th!!!!  Be there or be square!
 
Don't forget Donna and Susan at the links at the top and stop over at Choux Choux and check out all the awesome Green creations!
 
http://www.chouxchouxpaperart.com/2016/02/challenge-4-st-patricks-daygreen.html


9 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Gah! I love this SO much! Seriously - the splattery goodness, the amazing paper piecing, the gorgeous vintagey lace. LOVE! Totally pinning!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Green and gold and gorgeous! Love this, Lisa! Sorry I'm not feeling well today so I'll be quick.

comopark1886 said...

Love all the Gold in your card! Did you rob a leprechaun? :-)

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty!, Love the layers and textures!

Susan Fogle said...

I thought that was your handwriting. I love all of the embossing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the hearts and the splatter!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

Totally dig this card! I do love those puffies! CTMH came up with a good idea with those! Of course anything gold!

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally GORGEOUS....loooove the green checks, the coffee cups, the embossing....it's just seriously sensational:))

Lori said...

So beautiful - what an awesome color combination with the pretty green and gold! Love the gingham heart. So happy you linked to my St. Pat's/Green challenge!