Monday, March 28, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #153


 
Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  I needed to make a quick card this weekend... in my coffee flurry last week I forgot to make my brother a birthday card.  Luckily I had bought this really cool October Afternoon ephemera set that was all cool and western-y so most of these elements are from that.  The rustic wood paper is from My Mind's Eye.  My brother is all about the wood and the metal and he's a fantastic upcycler of old stuff... not as much western, but I think he liked it!  And it also made me rediscover some stuff that I think I'm gonna use to make a couple canvases so watch for those... because I am western-y... lol!
 
 
The horseshoe was in the packet from October Afternoon, but it was plain chipboard.  I just covered it with Versamark and used some embossing powder to give it a metal look.  The buffalo is a cool charm I bought on Etsy for not much $$, but my brother is buffalo-y so I new I'd use it for some projects for him.  The twine I got at Ross of all places and it's cool and variegated and it was perfect.  Also, I mixed and matched my metal colors... pewter to silver to bronze... I figured go broke or go home...
 

And I got this cool bucking bronco stamp from Jessica Lynn Originals during a facebook stampbook auction type sale she had... that was fun and I can't imagine that little card without this stamp on it!
 
So check out this week's sketch and play along!
 

http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/03/sketch-153.html

9 comments:

Doudou said...

Beautiful!! Love the style

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the natural feel to it along with that horseshoe!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

THAT is an awesome card! Really love your use of metals & embossing powder! I always want to jump right up and start crafting after a visit here!!!!

comopark1886 said...

A "Quick" card? This would have taken me hours! I love the rustic look!

Sami said...

Wow such an awesome card!

Ali said...

I am a scrapbooker who's the Mom of riders and who creates horse cards as a fun specialty in my li'l card business, so I LOVED this! WOW, it's awesome! Great job! :) Super work.

Dena J said...

This looks amazing! Love the rustic look and coolest ephemera grouping ever...wow!

Melanie R said...

Very original and perfect for that clever brother of yours. Your elements work together with such pizzazz and it's a great interpretation of the challenge sketch.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

David took in his whole card...he critiques everything and loves that you use your cry-cut, as he calls it.