Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lucky Day 7 of Coffee, Stamplorations and ChouxChoux

 
Welcome to Day 7 of the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!  I've been spending some time collecting coffee stamps and other java paraphernalia since my first hop last Fall but have not nearly used enough of it.  So today I picked a set from Stamplorations and a set from My Favorite Things that I hadn't used yet.  I'm joining in Stamplorations Theme and Sketch Challenge and also the Easter/Spring Challenge over at Choux Choux Paper Art.

 
Those stacked cups are from a Stamplorations set called Coffee Happy... I decided to color them solid colors since I have so much else going on on this one.  That adorable bunny is from My Favorite Things and the set is called Somebunny and those eggs are from a very old retired CTMH set.  They were the right size so I was happy to re-discover them! 
 
Now.. just a side note.  I blame Amy Tsuruta, Superheroine and fearless leader of the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop for all of my purchases that occurred as a result of finding this awesome tri-annual celebration of stamping and hot beverages.  When I post my pics on Instagram I tag my projects that use these purchases with #amymademebuyit.  Right now, it's me and some girl whose friend Amy apparently made her buy a hat.  I think we should all start tagging our creations with products we won or bought as a result of this hop with ...
 
#AMYMADEMEBUYIT
Let's claim it!  You know it's her fault you bought it anyway!
 
 
I digress... so the theme of the Stamplorations challenge is Texture and Stamps.  I had so much fun using my coffee stain stencil from the Latina Crafter...first I used it to sponge some inks and then keeping it in place I applied some clear embossing past.  It's so hard to see here, but I LOVE the way it looks.  And I added a little more texture by embossing the yellow base... it helped me decide to color her pretty little dress yellow... amazing how she managed to keep that dress clean while making such a mess coloring those eggs!


So ... here's a story... on the Stamplorations blog they suggest that if you create a CAS card you can also link up to their Clean and Simple Challenge with your Theme/Sketch challenge card.  So yup... I was gonna do that.  Well... not so much... the first to go was the "C"... yeah... fingerprints everywhere... and then of course "S" had to follow because .. well, I had to add stuff to cover up the messy bits...lol!  I just don't think I'll ever be able to make a Clean and Simple card.  Too much of a slob.... shrugs shoulders...  guess I'll leave that to the experts... and I don't think I better wear a yellow dress while crafting.
 
Anywho!  Check out all of these challenges and the blog hop and join in!!  Prizes.... Prizes.... Prizes!!!
 
 




30 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely Easter card, Lisa! Have a wonderful Thursday and Happy Hopping!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so cute!

Danielle Vincent said...

Ack that's cute!! Aren't we lucky to have those crafty enablers in our lives? Love this!

TracyM #6773 said...

SUPER CUTE card Lisa :)
LOVE your little bunny and pretty layers!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Bunny's been pretty busy decorating eggs, from the stack of teacups looks like there were a variety of colors. Super card again Lisa, and all the images and embellishments are adorable. Love it.

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, stunning! Love all the pretty colors and textures you used.

Jennifer said...

I love this card! It almost reminds me of an Alice in Wonderland kind of theme! And even tho it didn't end up being a CAS card everything you added works so well together I can't imagine the card not having any of the parts you incorporated! Also don't feel bad I been trying to do the CASology challenge and I seem to have the same problems! Lol. Keep trying!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMG!!! I cannot tell you how many stamp sets I have bought because of Amy!! LOL!! Tooooooooooooo funny!!! I love that girl.. such an enabler! HA!! I love love love this! LOVING the colors, the eggs and the bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

This is such a fun and sweet card!!

Manila Rose said...

Love the cup and the colors, great card!

Ceal said...

Adorable! love all the details and layers

Sami said...

Beautiful card!

Lori said...

Adorable! Love how you used the coffee stain stamps - so pretty. Yeah, I can't wear a yellow dress either. So glad you linked your sweet card to my Easter/Spring Challenge!

Helen F. said...

This is just too sweet!

Ann said...

So cute, love the colorful coffee rings.

Karen B. said...

So cute and colorful!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This card is perfect for spring! I love all that color and whimsy!
Take care!
Michele

Kim Heggins said...

This is as sweet as can be.

Gail said...

Awe cute cute

Dana said...

Adorable!! I really love how you did the coffee rings and the bright colors!!

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazing card! Love the layout, the colors, and the way you created the background!

~amy~ said...

#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit
#lisareynoldsbzibziakmademebuyit

Hetty said...

Such a happy and colorful card.
Wishing you a Latte Easter.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love all of the layers and elements. Sweet card

D.Ann C said...

Hahaha... you're too funny with the trendsetting #AmyMadeMeBuyIt ! I like the colors on your background label!

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a cute little bunny! Love the cup stack and your amazing collage background! MMM...

Tonya said...

Great card! And I love the hashtag. ha ha

Elizabeth said...

Love the bright spring colors!

Becca Cruger said...

Hahah - reading through this post had me rolling. It's my whole crafting process, in a nutshell. "Ok, Becca, this time you're REALLY going to do CAS" Twelve smudgy fingerprints later and I'm cursing the day CAS was invented. LOL
LOOOOooooove the litany of colors going on here. Thanks for playing in the STAMPlorations challenge!

Wei Wei said...

Super cute card! Love the bright spring colors! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations!