Monday, March 21, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #152... and some coffee...

 
Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  As you may be aware, we're in the middle of the Spring Coffee Lover's Hop so of course my card is coffee themed.  And I'm also playing along with Aud Sentiments Bingo and a Sentiment Challenge and the Color My Heart Color Dare!


I've used quite a mixture of products this week.  Some items are leftovers from old projects and some are brand new.  First I used the Tim Holtz embossing folder on the background, embossed with versamark and white on white and then used my watercolors to splash around a little of each of the other colors in the color challenge.  It has a really cool texture... almost suedish.. and I like the way it came out.  I cut two panels from CDD's Fancy Stitched Labels Die set.  The sentiment I got during the last coffee hop from the Latina Crafter.  Love shopping with her and she has a section of coffee/bilingual items and I've found quite a few gems over there.

 
That cute crown is a die from Poppy Stamps and see those cute little flower beads.. those were in my bag of goodies that I won from the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge for the month of February and are old CTMH and so pretty!  Thanks so much Marie!  The cup is the teacup from the CTMH Treats of Friendship set.  I had stamped and embossed that one during the last hop as well and didn't end up using it.  I cut off the teabag so now it's a cup of coffee.  The fern leaves are from Artistry and the other branches are from a Tim Holtz set of dies.  And of course, my favorite sequins to use on a Color Dare project, the clear ones from Pretty Pink Posh.  Whew!
 
So join us over Atlantic Hearts this week and maybe you can link up with some of these other great challenges!  Thanks so much for stopping by and come back tomorrow for more coffee!




35 comments:

Tonya said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty Lisa, love the embossed cup background! Happy Tuesday and Happy Hopping!

Greta said...

Oh wow--such a lovely card with beautiful colors!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, embossing, color combination, and sketch and coffee, can't get any better than that. Love the stitched layers...beautiful card.

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL card Lisa!!!
LOVE your colour combo, fancy layers framing your SWEET sentiment and PRETTY cup and GORGEOUS flowers & leaves!!!

Hetty said...

Wow, great card with all these fun embellishments.

Karen B. said...

Love the fresh spring flowers and such a pretty card!

~amy~ said...

So super fun! I love the added crown!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Just gorgeous! ANd pretty in pink - love it!

Anonymous said...

Great card Lisa...I'm going to go get a cuppa joe now!

Ceal said...

beautiful card, love the flowers

Ann said...

Love what you did with the embossed background. Cute card.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Lisa! Wow, what gorgeousness, with such a feminine flair!!! Very, very pretty!
=]

Anonymous said...

Sweet card...love all that pink!

Bunny said...

Lovely colors on your card. I really like that embossing folder.

Helen F. said...

Very pretty card, Lisa

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, this card is so very pretty and beautifully put together!

D.Ann C said...

One more time... Blogger keeps kicking me out, but I skipped ahead and the next one worked... hope I don't end up with a gazillion comments here. lol. Just delete the dupes, ok?! : ) I really want to let you know I LOVE your delightfully beautiful card!!

Danielle Vincent said...

I totally agree with that sentiment and I LOVE that you used my favorite color!! Very feminine and wonderful!

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love all the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Ali said...

Love your floral cluster and the colours are so stunning! Wonderful job, as always... ~ Ali (AHSC Design Team)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a beautiful card, love the stitched frames and flowers and ribbons and embellishments and in particular the embossed sentiment...you hit on every element for each of you challenges. Thanks for sharing this with Aud Sentiments Challenges.

Billie A said...

Your sentiment is so true and I love this layout and dies. Beautiful card and so glad you shared with us at Aud Sentiments.

G Eileen Studios said...

Lovely card! The ombre effect on the embossed coffee cups is a beautiful extra detail. Thanks for taking a Color Dare.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Pretty card. Love the layers and elements. TFS

Cat Nowak said...

Fantastic card! I love how you added color to those embossed coffee cups. Thank you for joining us this week on Color My Heart.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Sweet sentiment! Pretty card.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Sweet sentiment! Pretty card.

StampingbugKerry said...

Love your card. The sentiment arrangement (with the crown on top) reminds me of those "Keep Calm" sentiments that were the craze a while back. :)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful!

Lauren said...

This is just darling, I love how you did the background!

Tracie Pond said...

Fun card....such pretty colors!

Jennifer Scull said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! the crown at the top is exactly how I feel about my coffee! grins!

Thank you so much for joining our 'Bingo challenge + A Sentiment' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)