Friday, March 11, 2016

Sassy Owl Says She IS an Easter Chick!

http://www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/
 
So.... let's start with this!  Excited again to be a new member of the awesome Cutting Café Design Team!  For a few months, I'll be working and playing with so many wonderful and talented people included our awesome leader, Regina Easter.  And thanks to my friend Mitra who thinks enough of me to recommend me for such things and who is wonderfully talented and creative and just an all around beautiful person!  Hoping you get to know everyone as you come along with me on the ride!
 

 This is my first official make as part of this team... just having some fun playing with a few of Regina's awesome cutting files that come in all kinds of formats for you to use your favorite cutting machine!  Here I used the Stand Up Garden for the tree, hills, grass with tulips, and fence.  I will admit I am fairly new to SVG files, but it was a breeze!  Just pulled them up into my Cricut Design Space and cut them with my Explore.  You can find ALL kinds of cool things to cut along with digital stamp and papers at The Cutting Cafe' here!  It is worth sitting down with a cup of coffee and just explore... speaking of coffee... I have some thing in store for the you know what hop coming up next week!
 
 
This guy... he's just goin' along with it all... 'cause why not?
 
I layered and embossed some pieces for extra texture and layers and I love the way it all came out.  It's been a while since I've made one of these Cartoonish scenes and I had a lot of fun.  Now this is not what I wanted these files to play with... the idea came to me in the middle of the night when I was so excited and I had to get it out of my head... I'll be playing with some houses in a little while so stay tuned for that!
 
 
For the "Owls" I used Regina's very adorable From Owl of Us stamp set that is available at the sister site, The Cutting Café Shop.  The mailbox is from Animal and Bug Love and the eggs, bunny ears and Happy Easter sentiments are from the new sets, Happy Easter From Your Peeps and Wheelbarrow Deliveries.  You can find them all here!  Along with some really pretty papers, ribbons and accessories.  There is also some really cool clear cardstock that I'll be introducing you to soon.  It is clear and it is cool!
 
 
I think Sassy Owl is my favorite.. 'cause she's so Sassy!  (Oh... these sentiments.. I handwrote the top one and the bottom I pulled from my stash 'cause Sassy Owl doesn't tweet with a cute little tiny petite tweet... she says ... with a deep throaty hootie owl voice... TWEET!)
 
 
 
This guy doesn't know WHAT is going on... he doesn't know them...
 
Thanks for stopping by and check out both of these awesome shops and also, find us on Facebook for some added inspiration at The Cutting Cafe - Be Inspired!  Come back soon!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Fabulous. Ink need to try this

Regina Easter said...

Welcome welcome to the team...I am so LUCKY to have you....this card is owlicious.....hugs

Regina Easter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
comopark1886 said...

I have come to expect excellence from your creations and this does not disappoint at all. Over the top, unbelievable!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo gorgeous!!!! LOVING that scene you created!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Oh my gosh Lisa your design is just adorable.

Hugs Diane

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Lisa, this is soooo adorable! I love scene cards - this is the perfect spring scene! The owls are so cute - I love the one with bunny ears! Congratulations on your new DT - they are lucky to have you! I don't know anything about SVG files as I don't have the proper equipment but these look awesome! Looking forward to seeing more!

Melanie R said...

Congrats on being a team member, Lisa! Your card is super cute. Love the bunny ears on the owl.