Sunday, March 20, 2016

Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party Color Photo Inspiration Week 2!

 
Welcome to this week's Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is “Color/Photo Inspiration”!  Please play along and create something that fits this week's theme and link up at the Craftin' Desert Diva’s Blog.

Every other Monday is the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And there are prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!  The more times you link up…the more chances you have to win!!
 
Here is my project for this week's party:

 
I was so excited when I saw the inspiration photo for this one... the colors are just so beautiful!  I had a lot of fun with my watercolors here.  I took an 8x10 sheet of water color paper and just smooshed the colors from the inspiration photo all over.  When that was dry, I splattered a little more on and then when that was dry, I sprayed some gold color shine.  I used the largest die from the Fancy Stitched Label Die Set to cut out the shape behind the adorable Bunny In an Egg Digital Stamp that I colored with my Shin Hans and cut out.  I used the Fancy Frames dies for the pink and plaid layers and used some cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot for the base.  The plaid paper is from Doodlebug Spring Garden paper pad.
 
The little eggs and sentiment are from the Bunny Trail clear stamp set.  I added some gold Wink of Stella to the eggs to make them look a little like the eggs in the inspiration photo.  Maybe that was my favorite part about this inspiration photo... the gold :).  And that beautiful ribbon... was wrapped around my last order from Craftin Desert Divas... and it was perfect!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by and come back tomorrow for this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

I'm also linking this up to the Easter/Spring Challenge over at ChouxChoux Paper Art!  Be sure to check it out!


4 comments:

Mitralee said...

THAT IS CUTE! Omg...that water colored background is rock star! Makes me wanna do that!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooo cute!! LOVING that bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute card...so colourful...perfect for Spring!

Lori said...

Wonderful - you've layered all the papers and colors perfectly! Fun watercolor die cut. So glad to see your link for my Easter/Spring challenge!