Thursday, March 31, 2016

Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge - April 2016


http://larissaheskettdesigns.blogspot.com/search/label/Paper%20Sweeties
 
Good Friday Morning!  Very excited to announce that starting this month I am on the Paper Sweeties Design Team!!  You know I love my Paper Sweeties!  And since I discovered the products a little over a year ago, I've "met" so many awesome bloggy people and made so many new bloggy friends.  Great products, great service, great people... what's not to love!?
 
Today we're sharing the April Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge Photo!  So pretty and for me the inspiration was the wreath... greens and browns... a little bit of neutral and the feeling of Spring.
 
 
Of course, I added a pop of .. well... ok a lot of pink.  I like to think the inspiration photo is the harbinger of Spring and this is the next day... when the blooms start popping.  Even here in the desert, we have an explosion of flowers on the cacti in April and it is beautiful!  I made this little ornament using a twig wreath that I picked up on clearance after the holidays and was so happy I was able to find it when I saw this photo!
 
 
I've been wanting to try cutting some felt with my dies for some time now, so for my wreath I added flowers and leaves from the Pretty Posies Stamp Set and Sweet Cuts.  The flower I used was just a little big, but the stamp set has "layer" lines on it so for those I stamped the flower onto the felt and then with scissors cut out the size I wanted.  Then I used the stem and leaf dies to cut out the leaves.  So easy and they cut like butta'!  Then I consulted my jar of buttons and found these very very old shaped buttons and added them.  It was like they were laying around waiting for this project.

 
So my most used ribbon?  Paper Sweeties crinkly Seam Binding Ribbon and I used the Cookie Dough here.  I wrapped it around the twig wreath and then tied it in a bow at the top. I just love the way the seam binding lays on a project and can be such a beautiful mess.  The Spring Joy Sentiment is from the Jelly Bean Time stamp set.  And I cut that yummy banner from glitter paper using the Birthday Banners Sweet Cuts.  These banners dies are great on their own like this or with the matching stamp set.  Another one of my favorite dies!
 
 
And those cute little birdies and birdhouse are from the Tree of Life Add-On Spring stamp set.  They are wonderful images that go nicely with the Tree of Life stamp set, but also they make great little add ons to so many cards... it's really an adorable set!  And I'm sure it's no surprise to see I've sprinkled my favorite sequins everywhere, these are the Watermelon Sequins which were the perfect mix of soft green and pink for this project.
 
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team has made for your viewing pleasure and further inspiration... you will not be disappointed:
 
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
 Emily Frasier
Jeri Thomas 
Jinny Newlin - *April Guest Designer*
Larissa Heskett
Lisa Bzibziak  **You Are Here**
April Guest Designer: Marsha Drain
 
Hope you play along with us this month!  Nothing to lose and everything to gain!  You could win some free Paper Sweeties goodies!! 
 
 

10 comments:

Mitralee said...

WOW! this wreath just pops! And I am totally loving the felt! Rock star!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

SO EXCITED you are joining us!!! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This wreath and flowers is GORGEOUS, Lisa! Welcome to the team! I can't wait to see what you'll be creating!
Take care!
Michele

Jeri said...

Adorbs, Lisa! So happy to have you on the TEAM. Your creation is beyond gorgeous! Can't wait to see what other inspiration you provide.

Debbie said...

WOW ... this 3-D wreath is so adorable and clever! I love how you added so many sweet elements to your design using lots of goodies from the Paper Sweeties boutique! Welcome to the team -- I cannot wait to be inspired by your lovely work :)

Jill Norwood said...

Welcome to the team Lisa! Absolutely FABULOUS wreath my dear! Love the mix of goodies that you included on the wreath! So beautiful and springy! Love this time of year!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Lisa, your project is SO fun and springy...so glad you're on the team!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

First...welcome to the team!!!! Second...your wreath is just fabulous! So many pretty details!!!

Melanie R said...

What a great wreath - I love it! Felt is making a resurgence in popularity and there are so many beautiful colors now available. Fabulous!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your wreath, and seeing it in person you really see how small and how much detail you put into it being so tiny. Love it.