Monday, March 14, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #151


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  I had a couple different ideas what I'd do with this sketch and finally settled on this... which was not anything like any of my original ideas...lol!  That happens quite frequently around here.  I also decided to pair the sketch with this week's Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge again as well as Aud Sentiments Easter/Spring Sentiment Challenge.
 
I used my Craftin Desert Divas Fancy Frames stitched dies for the background papers (quickly becoming one of my favorite go to die sets).  The polka dot paper is from Zoe.  I cut the three "Hop" rectangles from the CTMH Artistry Cricut cartridge and was originally going to use white as the background and then I thought of the vellum.
 

 
The vellum turned out to be an awesome decision because I was able to make a kind of shaker with them.  I just love these little flat heart sequins from Craftin Desert Divas... perfect for something like this .  Also, I love the look of the little flowers that I heat embossed in white onto the vellum and colored with my Shinhan markers.  They go over the white embossed parts very nicely.


This little guy is from the CTMH set, Hopping By (available now and don't forget about Stampaganza-I got this one free when I ordered two other $17.95 sets).  Isn't he cute?!  I just love his little carrot car.  I used my Shinhans with him too in Leaf Green to match Sweet Leaf, Coral Pink for Smoothie, Golden Yellow for Canary, and Fresh Green for Flaxen.  And don't you just love the clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh!?  You can use them anywhere!
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon! Be sure to join us this week at Atlantic Hearts and check out all three of these challenges.. it's fun to mash them together!
 
 

 

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute! LOVING that bunny and the carrot car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute! LOVING that bunny and the carrot car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

When I looked at the sketch all I could see were band aids and a get well card...but this is just adorable and certainly a lot more imaginative than band aids. Love all the layering and die-cut frames. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenges.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I'm back again, just realized these were the colors of the ColorMyHeart Color Dare, and thanks for sharing with us. Your cards are so adorable and creative.

Regina Easter said...

what an adorable card

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentments challenge. Elaine

Boopster said...

An adorable card! Thanks for the details.

Greta said...

Love the sketch & you've used it for such an adorable card!

Mitralee said...

ROCK STAR job on this card! Love love love how you interpreted the sketch!

Sami said...

I love the little bunny!

Donna said...

Fun & Fabulous card! Love how you used the vellum. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Love how you combined all the challenges too. Thanks for sharing with us again at the Color Dare blog!
:) Marie

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

So adorable! Love the image and all your details, fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again!
Jennifer
Simply Papercraft DT
Creative Knockouts DT
Aud Sentiments DT
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge DT
Kitty Bee Designs DT
JessicaLynnOriginal.com DT

Ali said...

What a sweet card! I just love it. The carrot car is adorable, and the colour choices & layering are inspiring, as always. TYFS your work! ~ Ali from AHSC

Michelle said...

WHat a great card! My favorite part is how you did the hop panels. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Dena J said...

Everything about this is clever and beautifully executed! Just love it.

Melanie R said...

As a competitor, I usually do not comment on DT cards before the challenge ends, but I am crazy over this card! What a great interpretation of a peculiar sketch.