Sunday, July 15, 2018

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #328 - Shadow Backgrounds


Popping in quick today to share with you my make inspired by this week's Make It Monday Challenge over at Papertrey Ink.  It's all about a "Shadow Background".


I used the Stemmed Statements stamp set for this one because I love it!  The idea is to stamp complementary images to the one you will use as your pop of color, but in a neutral color of some sort.. you want it to be just that... a background.  I stamped my images on CTMH White Daisy Cardstock using Heather Ink.  I started lower on the left side and slowly moved my images up as I went across the page.  You don't have to do this, however in Laurie Schmidlin's video she says she tends to prefer the diagonal layout and I must say I'm a bit partial to it myself.  I like the way it kind of gives my background it's own little crescendo.  I also decided to give my background some texture using the beautiful Rustic Burlap Impression Plate.  After I stamped, I embossed.


I ended up choosing a different flower for my pop of color... the geranium rather than the poppy.  I liked the amount of space it took up better.  But that's ok since there are all kinds of flowers in a proper garden.  And I added a clover also to create some symmetry with the background.


The size of this Lil' Inker Designs Celebrate Word Die was perfect for the space and I love the font.  I just added a couple glittery purple gems and done!  This was fun and something I'd do again for sure!

You have until 6am EST Monday the 16th to link up to this one!  You must use at least one PTI product.  You can find the rules and linkup here!


No comments: