Monday, October 29, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Release Day 2 - Dashing Stamps and Snow Fri-Dies!



Welcome to Day 2 of the CAS-ual Fridays Release!  Today we're showing off the new Dashing Stamp Set and Snow Fri-Dies.  I was all set to create a card for today but I've been thinking lately it's time I slapped some pics on a page and made a layout.  And when I thought of the sentiment Dashing Through The Snow, I remembered how every year when my kids were small we'd go on the Santa Express and what dashes through the snow better than a train?!  So this idea came to me!


I chose some papers from a leftover pack that I've had for quite a while in my stash.  When I planned the pages in my head my color scheme was different... mostly blues and white... but when I found the pictures I wanted to use there was a lot of red (I mean Santa, right??) so I was happy to find these papers easily.  I started by adding the two wide strips and then I splattered on some acrylic paints in white, blue, and black.


I chose a few of my favorite pics from the day to be on this layout.  This will be the first page of my layouts and the rest will be in photo pocket pages.  I started scrapping this way a few years ago... I took A LOT of pics every time we did something so I was finding it hard to scrapbook all of them.  And I love the look of a page with just a few photos on it so this method is perfect for me!  I can really go to town on the one or two layout(s) and plop the rest in pocket pages!  I'll decorate those just a bit so they coordinate with this page, but it will be quick and easy!


In this upper left corner, I stamped the "Dashing Through The" sentiment from the stamp set.  I fussy cut it out and then die cut the Dashing word from glitter paper and layered it over the stamped image. 


I love how it gave the Dashing word an outline to make it stand out!


And then the second part of my sentiment over in the bottom right hand corner of these top photos


That Snow word die... gorgeous, right??  


I finished decorating my page using the snowflakes from the Funky Flakes Fri-Dies cut from glitter paper and those beautiful borders from the Lovely Links Fri-Dies along with some embellishments, stickers, and sequins from my stash.


And then down here a few more photos... you know how old photos with a point and shoot camera are... they're perfect for cutting small photos to add almost as an embellishment to your pages.  Oh!  And those pretty glittery hearts?  A lovely by-product from my Lovely Links cuts... it's like a two-fer!

And this week is Anything Goes over at Double Trouble Challenges and until Wednesday at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday too!  I'm playing along with both!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out what everyone else has made using these awesome new stamps and dies!

Find all of the new products for this release.. already available in the shop here...orders placed during the release will begin shipping November 5th.   And here's a code for you to save some $$ should you decide to shop!


6 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Holy Cow, that's me 25 years ago with Corey...love it...where did that time go. The page in the frame is precious. I always enjoy your scrapbook pages, but your new method of using the pocket pages will sure cut down on the thickness of your albums; however, I'm sure they will have a lot of embellishments too. We should spend a day just looking at your 50 (Thick) albums, maybe take them up to our Thanksgiving Dinner at the Cabin...Pat's got room in the back of his truck...lol. But it would be fun to bring them out while your kids are here. Hey, thanks for being our first participant in our Double Trouble Challenge...and don't forget you can add up to four entries...and this I know you can do. Thanks again, my favorite daughter, for supporting our challenge in your busy schedule...appreciate it.

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE your layout! The colors are perfect together along with the photos! Great way to use the new die set!!! LOVE IT!

Theresa

papercraftingprincess said...

I knew that was your mom the minute I saw the photo :) I recently decided that I am going to try and use pocket pages for my scrapbooking to fit with layouts so I can "maybe" get caught up. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I knew that was Mama the minute I saw that photo!!! :) I love love love love this! LOVING the photos and all the snowflakes!! This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fabulous layout and a wonderful collage of pictures, die cuts, and other items.

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at The Outlawz Challenges last week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.
Happy crafting,
Angela
Twisted Thursday DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}

theoutlawzchallenges.ning.com