Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Cas-ual Fridays-We Wish You A Merry Christmas!


Here We Come A Caroling savings days are still going strong!  Today we're singing (to ourselves) and featuring the Merry Christmas Fri-Dies!  Here's how I was inspired!


I just love the size and font for the Merry Christmas Fri-Dies!  They make for the perfect focal point on a Christmas Card. 

I started with a pretty plaid and then added a white layer using the Bubble Box Fri-Dies to frame the focus of my card.  I just love the shape of these dies ... simple enough to not take over the card, but so pretty to complement whatever your design!


Then I cut the Merry Christmas Fri-Die once from red cardstock and twice from white.  I smooshed the red onto my Versamark pad to cover it completely and then added some pretty glittery embossing powder (more on this in a bit) and heated it up.  Next I stacked the sentiments together for some dimension.  It turns your flat die cut into something that seems a bit like chipboard!  And I almost always use some kind of gem for any of my word die "I"s ... lol... I can't be expected to keep track of those little dots!!  And I always have some kind of embellishment or Nuvo drops that I can use to dot my "I"s so it's all good!


I stamped and die cut the cute bird from the Partridge In A Pear Tree Stamp Set so I could nestle him in amongst my flowers.  I stamped the outline in Versamark and embossed with gold EP and stamped the fill in stamp in red.  I popped the red up a little inside the outline for some dimension and used a fine pen to define his eye.

 And I love to use the 4 Petals Fri-Dies for all kinds of flowers!  With their pretty and simple design, just by changing the colors you can get all kinds of looks.  I knew I wanted to create poinsettias with them and was at a crop when I realized I'd forgotten to throw my glitter paper into my bag.  You think you're all prepared, right?  Well, luckily I had my box of embossing supplies with me (can't be without it!) and I was all set! 


I've found the easiest way to add embossing to small die cuts is to use some repositionable adhesive and attach them to a piece of scrap paper after smooshing them into some Versamark.


Once they're all attached it's easy to sprinkle some pretty glittery embossing powder on them, tap off the excess and run your heating tool over them all at once!


Since they are adhered to the paper with repositionable adhesive, it's easy to remove them once the embossing is cooled.. it only takes a few seconds!  Then I layered all of my sizes together and added some pretty gold pearl accents!


Ta.  Da.  Lol!  I actually had the already glittered snowflakes in my CAS-ual Fridays goody box.  I never cut just one.  I've left all of the Funky Flakes attached to each other and if I'm cutting one, I'm cutting all of them and just save the extras for later.  It was fun to be able to tuck them in under the flowers.  I cut some leaves from gold vellum using the Garden Fri-Dies and tucked those around as well.


A couple sequins later and I was done!  One more Christmas Card in the pile and ready to send!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  And don't forget today's special!  Plus all of the Christmas and Hanukkah products in the shop are on sale AND there are some items in the Retiring section that are 50% off!!  And the cream cheese frosting on the red velvet cupcake.... you can use this if you'd like!


Check out the Sale section here!






3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So pretty and I Love The sparkle!!! Beautiful card! Have a great day!

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So GORGEOUS! LOVING that sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the texture, dimension and sparkle on your design. Gorgeous in every way.