Monday, December 31, 2018

Casual Fridays - Happy New Year!


I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Blog today and wishing all of you the best in the coming year!  "May the Best of Your Todays Be The Worst of Your Tomorrows!"...my wish to you.. compliments of Jason Mraz!  

Today I'm celebrating with a little "Coffee"?  Maybe... or maybe not!..lol!  Sometimes my coffee cup doesn't necessarily contain coffee....


As I was looking through my coffee sentiments for my last card using this cup, I stumbled on "Possibly Vodka" from the Cup of Coffee Stamp Set and the idea for this card was born!  I started by cutting my layers.  I knew I wanted Black, White, Silver and Gold for a New Years card.  I cut my Bubble Box layer in black cardstock and then dry embossed it with a folder to play along with the final Friday Challenge that runs through tomorrow.

Then I decided to Jazz up my Coffee Cup Fri-Die with some foil.  So I cut the cup from some Thermoweb Black Toner Paper which is simply paper you can buy that is printed all black with Toner.  It's fun to die cut shapes from and then apply foil.


    The foil will cover the entire piece because the paper is covered in Toner (like from a laser printer).  Some people foil with adhesive, but my favorite way is to foil using my Minc machine or you can use a laminator.  I placed my cup die cut with the toner side facing the "back" of the foil I was using and then inside my transfer folder.  You can also use parchment paper as a transfer folder.  You then feed it through whatever heat machine you choose to use and when it comes out, you peel back the foil and the colors have transferred to the die cut!


The Brutus Monroe Thermoweb Dry Brush Transfer Foil I used was perfect with some silver, black, and gold!  I foiled the inside cup piece (where the coffee or other liquid would be) using some gold foil.

I chose the Taylored Expressions Snowfall Embossing Folder because I thought it also looked a little like bubbles.. and I didn't mind that the white core of my paper broke through in spots because I felt it made them look even more like bubbles!  Then I layered all of my pieces, popped up the cup, and cut a few of the Jumping Jacks die cuts from some purchased foiled cardstock in gold and silver and scattered them around along with some sequins!


So... yeah.  It might be coffee... or possibly vodka... maybe even champagne!  Either way, it's a celebration in a cup!  I hope you've enjoyed this non-traditional New Years Celebration and hope that whether you are out on the town with lots of friends or relatives or on your couch sipping some coffee with one or two of your favorite people (and/or furry babies...lol!) that you enjoy your evening ringing in the New Year!  Personally I'm in Arizona, but originally from the Buffalo area.  We're two hours behind so I'm thinking we may celebrate Buffalo New Years and call it a night!...lol!

AND if you're signed up for the CAS-ual Fridays newsletter you may know that there is a fantastic end of year sale going on right now!  Everything that is in stock in the shop is already marked at sale prices for at least 19% off!  There are some really great deals available there and no code is needed for these sale prices!  And to make it even better you can use one of the DT codes to save even more!  Mine is below or you can use the code of whatever DT member inspires you!


And you've still got until tomorrow to play along with the final Friday Challenge!  Let's give this long running challenge a proper send-off shall we?  And don't forget to make a stop at the DT's blogs to say thanks for all of the inspiration!

I'm also playing along with Anything Goes over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!  You should check it out!








No comments: