Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Paper Sweeties February 2019 New Release Sneak Peeks!


Welcome to Paper Sweeties February 2019 New Release and Happy Valentines Day!  Today we're sneaking some peeks and tomorrow the new Planner Series: All Occasions Stamp and Sweet Cuts sets will be available in the shop!  For this Valentines Day, I've used the heart in the Stamp set to create this background. 


 I started by stamping the heart from the All Occasions set and the arrow from the Checklist Planner set in Versamark diagonally across the paper and heat embossed with white powder.  Then I blended some Distress Inks over the images and wiped them lightly with a wet paper towel to remove the ink from the images.  I used some of the same Distress Ink to watercolor in a few of the hearts to make them darker.  And finally I splattered some metallic watercolor over the top..  


That sweet little girl is from the Checklist set too and her sign was perfect to stamp the XOX from the Get Your Craft on set.  I added the Circle Scallop frame because it was just sitting there waiting for me to use it and it was just right for this!  And I love those flowers from the Hello Spring set are among my favorite... they were perfect to have floating around.  I colored them with Copics and added a black Nuvo Drop center.


And I love all of the sentiments on the Love You To Pieces Sentiment set!  I embossed this one onto a tag cut with the Stitched Tags #1 Sweet Cut.  The pink I used on this wasn't a bright pinky pink and had a kind of orange tint to it.  So I used some ink and swiped it on the pink ribbon until it was the color I wanted and then tied it around the card front and through the tag.


One more flower and it was done!

I hope I made you look at your Planner Stamps in a different way!  Sometimes those smaller images are really sweet on cards.. for a background or an embellishment... or idk... you tell me!

I'm playing along with a couple challenges!  Over at Double Trouble it's all about Flowers!  And I've managed to meet the Twist Twisted Sister... Bow starts with B!  I'm also playing along at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday... the twist this time around is Flowers!  AND I'm playing along the sweet photo inspiration over at Cupcake Inspirations!


And did you know that Paper Sweeties has a challenge this month in the Paper Sweeties Facebook Group here?!  Just create something using Paper Sweeties products and share it in the Facebook Group!  You could win $25 of Paper Sweeties products!  Here's your inspiration:



Thanks so much for stopping here today!  Be sure to hop on over to all of these places and check out what they've created for you today:




New Products and Links:






11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo cute! LOVING the girl and the hearts!!!!!!!!!!

Lagene said...

Beautiful background, I love your card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is super cute! love the background.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another wonderful Valentine design and that is such a cutie holding up that sign.

Gwyneth said...

Very fute image made into a fab card.
GG

Jo Malicoat said...

That card is so great, I just love all the little embossed details! And the little girl with her sign is so super cute! Great job :-)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So adorable and love the smudged, splattered, stamped and embossed personalized background....beautiful color and love the sentiment. Thanks again for sharing more flowers with us at Double Trouble. And don't you think you have this as an upside down, out of the box, AHSC #302...sure looks like it to me.

Sandy said...

Super adorable card you made! Love how you used the black tag and all the layering. Made me smile for sure!
Thank you for participating in our challenge this week over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Quillish said...

What an adorable card Lisa. I love your style! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs ~ Ishani.

scrappin' GA peach said...

So Super Sweet, Lisa!!
Omgosh it adorable!!
I am loving those little flowers, too!
You make them look even cuter

Tracey said...

So super cute...you are so creative! Loving your inked backgrounds!