Monday, June 24, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Release Day 3-Stars A2 Panel


Welcome to Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Release!  Today we're sharing inspiration for the new Stars A2 Panel Fri-Die!  Here's how I was inspired:


For this one, I created my background using some distress oxides in a couple different blues.  Then I cut the Star Panel from some white cardstock and splattered some shimmery watercolors over both pieces.


While that was drying, I cut two sizes of the Bubblebox Fri-Dies and used an embossing folder to emboss the smaller one.   I also cut the Happy Hanukkah sentiment from the Happy Hanukkah Fri-Dies once out of glitter paper and two more times from regular white cardstock and stacked them.  Then I popped up both layers of the Bubble Box and added the sentiment over the top.  I had already cut a Stars panel from glitter paper as well so I used some of the pieces to embellish here.


Love those shimmery watercolors!   And love the design of this die and how some of the stars wandered off into the outer edge!


I was inspired by yesterday's Snowflake embossed panel and decided to the the same with the Stars panel:



I cut the panel from some very thick watercolor paper and only ran it through my die cutting machine once so that it wouldn't cut all the way through (normally with thicker paper, I'll run the die through at least twice-once band and forth and sometimes more if it's really thick or has a coating that I think mmay not cut through easily)  The edges fell right away, but the inside pieces didn't fall apart which was exactly what I wanted.

Once again, I sprayed the front of the panel with water that had some Inkon3 Pixie Dust solution in it and then used my Daniel Smith Glitter Watercolors to first color the panel and then I used the same blues and some white and even a bit of purple to splatter on it while it was very wet.


While that dried, I cut a tag using the largest of the Scallop Tag Fri-Dies from some blue vellum.  I heat embossed a sentiment from the Snowy Sayings stamp set directly onto the vellum and then cut the Happy from the Happy Hanukkah Fri-Dies from some glitter paper and cardstock and stacked them.  I cut some Funky Flakes from glitter paper as well and layered three of those together to add to the bottom of the tag.


So that's me for today!  Be sure to hop over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog and find out how you could win one of three $25 gift codes to the shop and see what my teamies have created for you today!

Should you decide to shop, I have this for you:


Be sure to come back tomorrow for some more Release Inspiration!





4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love seeing your holiday cards! :)

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!! LOVING the colors and the designs!!!!!!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Both are stunning! I LOVE the light blue shades!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and a wonderful use of that starry die.