Wednesday, August 7, 2019

CAS-ual Fridays - No Limit to Your Awesomeness!


Welcome back!  You may remember I mentioned last time that I would share a background using watercolors and a stencil and so here we are!  I love this beautiful Mon Ami stamp set... the floral images and those great sentiments!


I started with the Modern Petals stencil and a panel of watercolor paper.  I taped down the stencil over the watercolor panel.


I laid down a light layer of the aqua color and let it dry.  I added a bit more tape and used a smaller paint brush with less water to add some purples and gold (of course) in a few select areas.  Less water and a tighter stencil will give you a little more control and less bleed under the stencil.  When I wanted a more defined petal, I held down the stencil on the paper to add the paint.


After the additional colors dried, I removed the stencil and splattered on a little of each of the colors and let it dry.


While my background was drying, I heat embossed one of the floral images from the Mon Ami set in gold on watercolor paper and die cut it out.  Then I used both of the purples that I used in my background to color it in.  I heat embossed that fun sentiment in white on Aqua cardstock and popped up both the floral and the sentiment on my background.

I'm playing along over at Krafty Chicks Embossing Challenge with this one!  There are only a few hours left, but don't worry!  There will be another one coming along soon!


I love when the colors blend and bleed a bit, but you can still see the shape of the stencil open spaces!  I just added a few sequins and I was done!


That's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your stop here!

Don't forget this is going on:



And should you decide there is something you must have, I have this for you:


Come back soon for more inspiration!  And be sure to check out my other posts for today!... You know... if you want.  I'm not the boss of you!






5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I absolutely LOVE your stenciled background on this gorgeous card! You always amaze me with your beautiful cards!

Nance said...

Awesome card, Lisa! Just beautiful! Glad you played with us again at Krafty Chicks Challenge! I need to re-visit your blog more. Hugs!

Scrapper69 said...

I believe your sentiment is talking about ME! bawhahahaha
Totally love your card and the sentiment -

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that background you created!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your beautiful background shows off your pretty focal image wonderfully. I love the colors too.