Friday, March 3, 2023

Mid Mod Inspiration - Wild Style


Hello!  Well, I had one more Mid Mod inspired project to share and it didn't quite go the way I thought, but I love it anyway and I hope you do too!


This was my original inspiration and I've been rolling that around in my head for a while.


And then I stumbled on these (and of course now I want a bunch of these).  And finally landed on this:


I used the Tiger stencil and some small detail blending brushes to color the tiger stripes.  The plan was to add the foliage from Artsy Abstracts and leave the rest white, but I got a little sloppy with the black so I masked off everything and added the leaves around the whole thing as well as a little bit of shadow around the Tiger.  Finally a splattering of acrylics forgave everything and I'm in love!


Although this didn't turn out as I had imagined it, I didn't give up on it and I'm so glad I didn't!  Now if you'll excuse me... I may have some shopping to do!

Thank you so much for stopping!  I hope you'll come again soon!
 

No comments: