Monday, April 6, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #102


Here is my take on this week's sketch.  If you're having a hard time seeing it, it might be because I flipped it on it's side (drop your head to the left...lol).  I started out planning on following the sketch almost exactly and then .. well... things just got out of hand...lol.  Here is the sketch:
 
 
What's better than getting inspired to make a card?  Getting inspired to make two!

 

 
I've been wanted to play with the SOTM set, "Typed Note", for a while now.  I LOVE it because it's so versatile with sayings for all kinds of occasions.  I love the old typewriter and the hand stamp that I didn't use here.   I used Typed Note along with another one of my new favorite sets, "Finding The Right Words", which also has so many choices to say exactly what you want to say.  The papers are another oldie but goodie, Elemental.  I couldn't find the right ribbon for the Sorbet card and was going out of my mind when I remembered the old seam binding ribbon.  I cut a piece and put some water and reinker in a plastic cup and let it soak for a few hours.  I wanted it to be wrinkly so I squeezed out the excess water and let it sit for a while and then laid it out to dry.  It didn't take long under the fan and it was ready in a short time to use.  Made me want to go out and buy a ton of ribbon and make a bunch of colors so they are ready when I need them!
 
You can choose to make one of these cards if you attend my assorted card workshop later this month.  Contact me for details.
 
Now, hop on over to Atlantic Hearts to see all of the wonderful artwork- maybe this will be the week you'll get inspired and give it a try!

15 comments:

Jasmina said...

Wow, I love your cards. Great take on the sketch and lovely colors!
Jasmina

Kelly Janes said...

Love the color combos...especially the blue one! <---Probably because I'm the mom of a boy so I spend a lot of time using blue tone paper! haha! :) Great cards!

Arlene Bonsma said...

Thank you Lisa for pointing out the cards similarity, in my rush to get another thing done on my personal list I neglected to credit you. I have updated my blog post to give you credit for your great creations.

Lisa said...

Arlene...so funny....I didn't recognize ur name when I commented on your post. I'm glad I could inspire you a bit but your card is very different. I love the way you stamped your background. It stands on its own. I don't worry about getting credit....every idea I have comes from somewhere and most of the time I don't know where...lol. Thank you for the complement though! And thanks for visiting my blog. I plan on checking out more of your creations when I have a chance! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I just want to say thank you for sharing your ideas with us! Consultants of other companies were never this willing!

Unknown said...

I just want to say thank you for sharing your ideas with us! Consultants of other companies were never this willing!

Tracey said...

Really pretty cards Lisa......love the colour combinations on both. They have a real vintage look, the typewriter stamp is great!

Lisa said...

Hey there! Long time no see! Hope you can come to my house again either for a workshop or just to scrap! You should see my room now. Much better for creating. Hope to see you soon!

Lisa said...

Tracey I really think reading your blog and looking at your creations has helped me to look at things in a different way. I mean. Blueberries to dye your ribbon! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love it. And the idea of reinker and water for the ribbon instead of sponging it.

Lauren said...

Your cards are gorgeous- I especially like that first one!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Diane, this is Lisa's assistant, her mom, I'm looking forward to a card workshop too...Lisa's working up one now with individual card choices instead of a whole set. I can't wait...hope you and your friends will join us. Lisa got me to join a Challeng and since then I have become quite a fanatic on challenges, take a look at my blog iluvscraping2.blogspot.com

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Never thought that I would like that typewriter set, but you and Donna make it very appealing...looking forward to borrowing it in the future : )

Linda Norman said...

Love the combos you used! The crinkly ribbon is just perfect with the antique looking typewriter!

Unknown said...

Wow! And wow again for the second card! I can't pick just one or two things that I love about your cards cause I love all of it!!!