Monday, April 20, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #104

 
Welcome to Sketch #104 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  This week's sketch will be a lot of fun whether you've ever made one of these cards before or not.  It's called Triple Time Stamping or other similar terms.  I have pinned a great tutorial on my Pinterest Tutorials board, but basically you cut your three white pieces 1" different (mine are 4 3/4 x 6 3/4, 3 3/4 x 5 3/4, and 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 for my 5x7 card).  Then you cut your mats a quarter inch larger (my lagoon pieces are 5x7, 4x6 and 3x5).  You lightly adhere the three white pieces on top of one another, nesting them one in the center of the next and then stamp.  Be sure to stamp across your pieces.  I think usually people use larger stamp images, but I had this idea and had to go with it.  Then you just layer your pieces.  I'm betting we are going to see some really beautiful cards this week from participants and Design Team as well!



So, let's talk about the ribbon.  Remember I was trying to dye some ribbon crème brulee and I was getting an odd effect where part of the ribbon was coming out yellow and part was coming out pinkish.  I decided I was going to leave my ribbon in longer to see if it went one way or the other... well, apparently when you forget about your ribbon you're dying and it's in crème brulee inker and the water completely evaporates you get a goldish color!  Which I was quite happy with since I've been on quite the gold kick!
 
And let's talk about what a slob I am with ink.  I am so messy and I just cannot have a clean white and simple card because inevitably I end up getting ink somewhere it shouldn't be.  And same with embossing... I guess it's a good thing I like the distressed look...lol!  So you may or may not feel the same and you may or may not appreciate my take on this week's sketch, but in the end it's one I really like looking at.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop over to Atlantic Hearts and check out some great artwork!
 


1 comment:

Tracey said...

Beautiful....love all the layers, the colours are gorgeous!